DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   GE RTV 664 if anyone needs it. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/10621-ge-rtv-664-if-anyone-needs.html)

NoSheeples July 22nd 03 06:16 AM

GE RTV 664 if anyone needs it.

If anyone would like an 11 pound kit of RTV 664 I can get it delivered to you
for $210.00. Delivery time is typically 3 weeks. RTV664 is a platnum, addition
cure RTV with a shore 60 durometer. It has zero shrink, and is one the highest
tear RTV's around. Not recommended for deep undercuts.RTV 664 is a well kept
secret. Not many people use it because they don't know it's out there, I won't
use anything else unless I need to. You can't tear it unless it's very thin.
It's especially good for parts that have mating halves.

Tom

Jon Elson July 22nd 03 06:22 PM

GE RTV 664 if anyone needs it.

NoSheeples wrote:

If anyone would like an 11 pound kit of RTV 664 I can get it delivered to you
for $210.00. Delivery time is typically 3 weeks. RTV664 is a platnum, addition
cure RTV with a shore 60 durometer. It has zero shrink, and is one the highest
tear RTV's around. Not recommended for deep undercuts.RTV 664 is a well kept
secret. Not many people use it because they don't know it's out there, I won't
use anything else unless I need to. You can't tear it unless it's very thin.
It's especially good for parts that have mating halves.

How old is it? Our experience is that it deteriorates after a year or
so, and
the properties after it has set are much poorer than when it is made from
fresh material.

Jon

NoSheeples July 22nd 03 10:33 PM

GE RTV 664 if anyone needs it.

How old is it? Our experience is that it deteriorates after a year or
so, and
the properties after it has set are much poorer than when it is made from
fresh material.

Jon

It's 4 weeks old when I get it. RT664 has a shelf life of one year.