Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RogerN

Default OT - Home Heat & AC Question

I currently have an approximate 1400 sq ft home with propane heat and water
heater, and window AC units. Last winter I spent over $1200 on propane. I
have heard that electric heat is now cheaper than propane heat. My large
window AC unit went out and I'm trying to decide between replacing the
window unit or switching my propane heater to an all electric heat & central
air system.

Anyone know ballpark pricing for an electric heat & a.c. unit?

Should I be looking for a heat pump system?

Any brand names I should look at or stay away from?

Also, I currently have a 100Amp breaker box and it is located on the east
side of my house. My utility room where the heating system and water heater
is is on the west side of the house. I would like to leave the existing box
and wiring alone and just install a new breaker box in the utility room for
heat, A.C., and hot water. Is this (having 2 separate breaker boxes)
do-able or would I have to upgrade my existing box and run everything
through it?

Thanks!