oparr

Default Converting Excellon files to G81 code

Hi,

Any recommended software (preferably free) that takes X,Y coordinates from
an Excellon file and creates G81 drill cycle code blocks? I can write a
program to do this but why reinvent the wheel?

Karl Townsend

How about windows Notepad? G81 is modal, write the first hole by had to get
your R Z and F parameters. Then cut and paste all the other lines into the
file. Next, use find and replace to to put in the X and Y in every line.

Karl

"oparr" wrote in message
Hi,

Any recommended software (preferably free) that takes X,Y coordinates from
an Excellon file and creates G81 drill cycle code blocks? I can write a
program to do this but why reinvent the wheel?

oparr

How about windows Notepad?

Doing that now in another editor.

script.exe excellon file name R param Z param F param output file

or something similar is what I'm looking for.

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT to reply wrote
in message .net...