Old July 25th 03, 05:25 PM
jim rozen

Default An apology

In article , Gunner says...

Hint, at any time, the US could have eased the restrictions on Oil for
Food, etc etc and gotten the oil for Exxon and Haliburton (whom doesnt
sell oil btw..they are producers and service company) for a hell of a
lot cheaper than tis gonna cost them now, with much bigger profits and
better press.

It's not just about getting profits for those companies (and the
expenses of the war are not charged to them, btw) but just as
importantly, to secure control over the flow of resources that
go to the rest of the world.

We now have some semblance of control over appx. 1/3 of the oil
that china imports, for example. France, Germany, Russia, all
rely on Iraq oil to some degree.

Exxon-Mobil *does* sell oil, and I think Ed's comments about the
thin distinction between goods and services could be appropriately
applied here.

Jim

please reply to:

Old July 25th 03, 06:22 PM
Kevin Carney

Shooting trophies in the living room make good deterents !!
So do the deer and turkey trophies come to think of it !

If I ever see any of those things idling outside my house,
it will be time to use those tetrahedral tire tread perforaters!

Jim

Old July 26th 03, 12:01 PM
John Flanagan

Default 8 Murdered, 45 critically injured in LA Spree

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:47:51 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"charles krin" wrote in message
.. .
hmmm...knives, axes, hammers....

Knives cut (anything you want.. doens't have to be meat).
Axes chop wood.
Hammers drive nails.
Try again.

Guns protect innocent people from criminals. Like any tool, they can
be used for good or evil. When Tony says "The designed purpose of any
gun ever made is to kill or maim in the most efficient manner" he's
clearly revealing his bias as if killing people was always a bad thing
:^).

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.
Old July 26th 03, 09:57 PM
Tim Williams

"John Flanagan" wrote in message
Guns protect innocent people from criminals. Like any tool, they can
be used for good or evil. When Tony says "The designed purpose of any
gun ever made is to kill or maim in the most efficient manner" he's
clearly revealing his bias as if killing people was always a bad thing
:^).

And besides, just shoot 'em in the arm or leg, medical technology is
good enough these days that the perp will survive... though wether or
not you'll get your ass sued somehow is now the question. :^)

Tim

--
In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!"

Old July 30th 03, 03:54 AM
erniegalts

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:14:11 GMT, "Mysterion"
wrote:

"erniegalts" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:37:54 GMT, "Mysterion"
wrote:

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
. com...
Gunner is the ****ing joke, a subhuman in every respect.

In general I agree.

I wouldn't go this far. Other than his present tendency to tell
defamatory lies about others he has shown himself to be a fairly
decent human being. Or at least he was prior to Y2K. Perhaps he
isn't in full control of himself these days?

You must understand that I mean "subhuman" only in the ethical and moral
context.
He is bankrupt in both.

Oh, o.k. in that sense would agree.

I like to think its a conditioned response, like Pavlov's dogs, and so, he
is no worse that a lot of the sheeple.

He used to be smart enough to not depend on unthinking conditioned
reflex responses. Of course, perhaps he doesn't really believe what
he says these days and is just seeking approval of his extremist
mates.

(snip)

Quit your
goddam crossposting from drivel and wacko groups. This is
rec.crafts.metalworking, not alt.sicko.

So survivalism is "drivel" and wacko"?
I'm sure the Federal Government and the Red Cross would be interested to
discover that their recommendations are "drivel" and "wacko".

Does either organization recommend "misc.survivalism" as a usenet
group?

Not to my knowledge.
But the basics of survivalism (store some food, water, alternative cooking,
light and heat arangements, have a plan to get the hell out of Dodge if
neccessary) have been echoed by both agencies.

Perhaps they could or even should have prior to Y2K. However it now
seems to have mainly become an extremist political group.

I've noted that, but have difficulty in restraining myself when it comes to
opposing evil/stupidity.

Likewise

At one time, members actually offered support to one another rather
than trying to lie and defame one another.

...But, of course, an "_ubermenschen_" such as "gunner" would never
be so weak and human, would he?

Goofer has a lot of problems.

Obviously, but at least some are self-inflicted. He doesn't _have_ to
tell defamatory lies about others. This would seem to be free choice
on his part. Unless, of course, he is acting under orders.

Then too, there is always the possibility that he doesn't consider
accusing someone of being a self confessed criminal pedophile as a
serious accusation. Perhaps pedophiles are welcomed or encouraged in
California?

They certainly aren't in Australia. Here known pedophiles are
sometimes murdered. Possibly the only thing that could get one
lynched these days.

"_Magna est veritas et praevalebit"_
(Truth is mighty and will prevail).

erniegalts