DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aftermarket ATC for knee mill? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/105332-aftermarket-atc-knee-mill.html)

d.dixson May 5th 05 11:26 PM

Aftermarket ATC for knee mill?

Hi folks,

Been looking for one of these things for a while and so far haven't
bumped into anything using various key words. So, do any of you have
a link to someone selling such? Thanks for you time,
Doug

Grant Erwin May 5th 05 11:50 PM

d.dixson wrote:
Hi folks,

Been looking for one of these things for a while and so far haven't
bumped into anything using various key words. So, do any of you have
a link to someone selling such? Thanks for you time,
Doug

What does 'ATC' stand for? - GWE

Robin S. May 5th 05 11:53 PM

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

What does 'ATC' stand for? - GWE

Automatic tool changer. May be more worthwhile to just buy a used machine
that already has one...

Regards,

Robin

d.dixson May 6th 05 01:00 AM

Yes, Automatic Tool Changer for CNC mill.

I'm beginning to wonder about that Robin...

Thanks for your replies
Doug

steamer May 6th 05 05:27 PM

--Well there used to be a couple of them. One I recall
consisted of nothing more than a tool rack that was bolted to one end
of the mill table; program a move to the rack, drop a tool and pick up
another. It presupposes that you've got something like a pneumatic or
electric tightener/untightener for the drawbar. These are available,
too, of course.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : For some reason hung up on
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Mexican Oompah bands...