DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/10512-does-carriage-10l-southbend-fit-9-southbend.html)

Asp3211968 July 16th 03 02:33 PM

does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend

i am trying to resolve a matter, does a 10l southbend carriage fit a 9
southbend. what is the difference.

John Lovallo July 16th 03 03:39 PM

does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend

Carriage is the same, only difference is the compound rest is taller.
JohnL

Dave Young July 16th 03 03:43 PM

does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend

I'm far from the expert on this, but my understanding is that the 10K
and the 9" are practically the same, but the 10L (heavy) is more similar
to the 13".

Dave Young

jim rozen July 16th 03 03:47 PM

does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend

In article ,
says...

i am trying to resolve a matter, does a 10l southbend carriage fit a 9
southbend. what is the difference.

The 10L is the *heavy* ten. A carriage for that
machine will NOT fit something like a 9" model A.

There were at one time so-called 'heavy nines' but I have
no idea if parts are interchangeable between that and a 10L.

I think there is a great deal more interchangeability between
the 10K (so-called light ten) and the 9" machines. I don't
know if the carriages will swap right over, although there's
some chance they might.

Jim

please reply to:

Asp3211968 July 17th 03 01:08 PM

does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend

ok i check it out and what i found is that the 10l will not fit your common 9"
it will fit what is called a 9r.

jim rozen July 17th 03 06:27 PM

does the carriage of a 10l southbend fit a 9 southbend

In article ,
says...

ok i check it out and what i found is that the 10l will not fit your common 9"
it will fit what is called a 9r.

9R = so called 'heavy 9' but those are pretty rare

please reply to: