Jesse Hill

Default Help Sizing I Beam

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:24:43 -0400, Jesse Hill
wrote:

Hi all,

I need some help in sizing an I beam for a lifting frame that I'm
thinking of building. The goal is to span 10 feet and have a working
load capacity of 4000 pounds with a reasonable safety factor, and
keep bending to a safe and useable level.

Said 10 foot span is supported at each end.

I have room to build this as an a-frame style truss, but if possible,
I'd like to use an I beam that's big enough for the job, without
additional overhead support.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Jess

Please disregard this post. It was an accidental repost of a question
I asked previously. Thanks to all, and please excuse this waste of
your bandwidth and time.

Jess