KD

Default Rockwell and South bend

How does a rockwell 10" compare to a south bend 9 or 10 as far as
accuracy and being rigid? What are some pluses, and minuses. I found
a good deal on a 10" just seeing if its worth it.
George

Considering how old either of these lathes are, a better question might be:
Which lathe can I find parts for so that I can keep it running?

"KD" wrote in message
om...
How does a rockwell 10" compare to a south bend 9 or 10 as far as
accuracy and being rigid? What are some pluses, and minuses. I found
a good deal on a 10" just seeing if its worth it.

Randy

Having to run a lot of old crap in my short career, I think a better
question is what kind of shape is it in? Depends a LOT on how it was treated
in it's former live(s). Parts can probably be had for both machines, but if
the ways and gibs are shot, it might not be worth buying or making parts for
it.... I just about take any old machine that was treated well over it's
modern counterpart - unless you are going to spend a LOT of money.

"A good machinist fears no thread!"

om...