DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   looking for ballpark values for aluminium cost (school project) (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/104152-looking-ballpark-values-aluminium-cost-school-project.html)

krem April 24th 05 09:41 PM

looking for ballpark values for aluminium cost (school project)

Hello, I'm looking for some general prices for some aluminium box beam. I'm
looking for a square beam with 2 cm walls outer dimensions being 15cm again
square. I would need 2-12m long segments. This all made out of 2014-26
alloy. Thanks for any ideas on the cost of this or if anyone had an idea of
where to go to get price quotes for this kind of application.

Richard J Kinch April 25th 05 06:37 AM

krem writes:

Hello, I'm looking for some general prices for some aluminium box beam.

Lately I've paid about $2/lb for structural shapes in small quantities.

Conversion to your metric geometry and density left as an exercise for you.

michael April 25th 05 08:16 AM

krem wrote:
Hello, I'm looking for some general prices for some aluminium box beam. I'm
looking for a square beam with 2 cm walls outer dimensions being 15cm again
square. I would need 2-12m long segments. This all made out of 2014-26
alloy. Thanks for any ideas on the cost of this or if anyone had an idea of
where to go to get price quotes for this kind of application.

Do a google search for metal suppliers. I would think you could get a
good deal being for educational use.

buckshot