DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Oxygen Tank's valve thread sealer (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/10406-re-oxygen-tanks-valve-thread-sealer.html)

David A. Webb July 11th 03 04:22 AM

Oxygen Tank's valve thread sealer

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:55:53 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

I looked on the Compressed Gas Association's site- all the good stuff
is pay per view. :-(
The CGA is The Source for medical O2 info- other regulatory agencies
pretty much rubber stamp CGA guidelines.

I called CGA. Since I was not a paying member, I was basically told
to go fly a kite. After I explained that my boss would gladly buy
their big expensive handbook if it contained information pertaining to
the subject in question, I got a little help.

I was told that they don't specifically address thread sealers on
aluminum medical oxygen tanks.

I was also told to call back next Friday and speak to the medical gas
God, because he is on vacation until then. If there is anything in
print anywhere about thread sealers, he should know where it is.

Dave

Carl Byrns July 11th 03 05:11 PM

Oxygen Tank's valve thread sealer

wrote:

I looked on the Compressed Gas Association's site- all the good stuff
is pay per view. :-(
The CGA is The Source for medical O2 info- other regulatory agencies
pretty much rubber stamp CGA guidelines.

I called CGA. Since I was not a paying member, I was basically told
to go fly a kite.

Why am I not surprised?

-Carl
"The man who has nothing worth dying for has nothing worth living for"- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mike Bartman July 12th 03 06:09 AM

Oxygen Tank's valve thread sealer

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 00:25:15 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:55:06 -0400, Mike Bartman
wrote:

Is CGA a non-profit? If so, what section of the tax code are they
under?

I don't know if they're are a non-profit.
It frosts my balls when a "Association" sets the standards and then
requires the public to pay big money to view them.

Yeah, seems like an open invite for someone else to come up with a new
standard, and publish it free for the taking. The old one would be
history pretty quickly...relatively speaking.

Perhaps we can get Bill Gates to get into the compressed gas business?
He just loves to invent his own "standards" and then do enough
business with it to thoroughly confuse things for everyone.

-- Mike
To reply via e-mail, remove the 'foolie.' from the address.
I'm getting sick of all the SPAM...