Default Concrete drill grease??

I just bought a rotary hammer sds drill machine.
It comes with a cup of grease, Where are you supposed to use the
grease?
Do you put it on the end of the drill bits where the drill bits enter
the machine?

Thanks. that makes sense. Previously I have rented Hilti spline drive
rotary hammers. I had to drill a 2 inch hole and it was brutal. The
bit IMO, was in poor shape. One of the side carbide cutters was missing
and it was dull, if dull matters. I dont know too much about that.
How well should a 2 inch bit move thru concrete? 4 inches took me 30
minutes to drill.

I bought mine on EBAY, it is 1000 watt chinese drill and is much
better than I thought it would be.
it will do all 3 motions, hammer or turn or hammer and turn. and has
wheel to adjust the speed. Came with 3 drills and 2 chisels and an
adapter for a chuck.

Jon Elson

Thanks. that makes sense. Previously I have rented Hilti spline drive
rotary hammers. I had to drill a 2 inch hole and it was brutal. The
bit IMO, was in poor shape. One of the side carbide cutters was missing
and it was dull, if dull matters. I dont know too much about that.
How well should a 2 inch bit move thru concrete? 4 inches took me 30
minutes to drill.

I bought mine on EBAY, it is 1000 watt chinese drill and is much
better than I thought it would be.
it will do all 3 motions, hammer or turn or hammer and turn. and has
wheel to adjust the speed. Came with 3 drills and 2 chisels and an
adapter for a chuck.

I found a technique that works, but is a little slower. but, it uses
tools I already have. I have REALLY hard concrete, with this round red
aggregate that I think is called Jasper, that is incredibly hard.
Carbide bits just bounce off this stuff. When I tried to use carbide
hammer drills (not the big industrial grade gear, but the homeowner
cheapies) the progress on a 1/2" hole was about 1 inch per day, maybe!

In frustration, while trying to drill a hole for a sink drain, I pulled
out my air chisel (the auto body-type tool) and was amazed at the huge
blasts of concrete dust it produced in seconds. When I had drilled as
deep as I could with the piercing tool, I looked around the shop and
found some rams from McPherson struts that someone gave me. I turned
the end down like the tools on the air chisel, and it worked pretty
well. Kind of a poor-man's pneumatic jackhammer. Not real great for
drilling precise holes like for a masonry anchor, but works great for
bigger holes for pipes, etc. I punched a 4" hole for a dryer vent
(actually for my paint spray booth) in the wall in two afternoons.

Jon

Gunner

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:07:49 -0500, Jon Elson

[...]

Take a frozen orange juice can, and remove both ends. Cut an orange
or lemon in half, and remove the pulp and fruit from one half, leaving
a empty half rind. Slide it into the orange juice can, so the empty
half of the rind faces out.

Fill the rest of the can with any good high explosive. TNT, RDX, Comp
B, Comp 4, or even dynamite.

Punch a 5/16" hole down the center of the can with a piece of pointed
brass at least 3 " deep, but dont puncture the fruit rind.

Place the can, rind down on the spot you wish to make a 3" hole in the
aggregate concrete. Place a blasting cap in the 5/16 hole, and then
dump a couple shoves full of clean sand on top of the can. Find a
sheltered location at least 100' from the can, take shelter and
detonate the cap.

Once the dust settles, you will find a 3-4" hole at least 12" deep in
your concrete.

Repeat as necessary. A small funnel may be subsituted for the orange
or lemon, but may be more expensive than fruit.

A note. Bananas do not work.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
B.B.

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

[...]

Once the dust settles, you will find a 3-4" hole at least 12" deep in
your concrete.

Repeat as necessary. A small funnel may be subsituted for the orange
or lemon, but may be more expensive than fruit.

A note. Bananas do not work.

How about grapes and film cans for little holes? (:

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
Martin H. Eastburn

Jeff Dantzler wrote:
wrote:

Thanks. that makes sense. Previously I have rented Hilti spline drive
rotary hammers. I had to drill a 2 inch hole and it was brutal. The
bit IMO, was in poor shape. One of the side carbide cutters was missing
and it was dull, if dull matters. I dont know too much about that.
How well should a 2 inch bit move thru concrete? 4 inches took me 30
minutes to drill.

The carbide is dull in the sense that it is not sharp enough to
cut a finger on. Missing is not good though. I can't say how fast
a 2" bit should go since I've mostly used mine to drill holes to
bolt a dated structure to the foundation and to sink #4 rebar into
existing concrete. Worked great for that. The Hiltis are nice so
you probably just had a crappy bit.

I bought mine on EBAY, it is 1000 watt chinese drill and is much
better than I thought it would be.
it will do all 3 motions, hammer or turn or hammer and turn. and has
wheel to adjust the speed. Came with 3 drills and 2 chisels and an
adapter for a chuck.

That is called a combi hammer. They are great. Mine can hammer/drill
or just hammer. It came in real handy to scale off some uneven
concrete on a floor and also to demo my chimney.

Cheers--Jeff

Wow - my hammer drill only drills or hammer-drills. I looked at some SDS spades
that would be useful in some cases.
Used mine the other day to drill a small hole in a plasma cart I'm making.
My hand drill was in the house doing home duty.

Got the wife a roll around for tools in the house. She likes it but the color isn't her best.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Gunner

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:42:21 -0500, "B.B."
u wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

[...]

Once the dust settles, you will find a 3-4" hole at least 12" deep in
your concrete.

Repeat as necessary. A small funnel may be subsituted for the orange
or lemon, but may be more expensive than fruit.

A note. Bananas do not work.

How about grapes and film cans for little holes? (:

Cherrys....thats the ticket.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
B.B.

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

How about grapes and film cans for little holes? (:

Cherrys....thats the ticket.

Gunner

Ooh! An olive! Turn that pimento into an armor-piercing projectile.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/

Gunner

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:52:40 -0500, "B.B."
u wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

How about grapes and film cans for little holes? (:

Cherrys....thats the ticket.

Gunner

Ooh! An olive! Turn that pimento into an armor-piercing projectile.

OOOOO!!! Good thinking!!

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
geoff m

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:33:24 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

How about grapes and film cans for little holes? (:

Cherrys....thats the ticket.

Ahh, a cherry bomb :-)
Geoff
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:39:43 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:52:40 -0500, "B.B."
. ru wrote:

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

How about grapes and film cans for little holes? (:

Cherrys....thats the ticket.

Gunner

Ooh! An olive! Turn that pimento into an armor-piercing projectile.

OOOOO!!! Good thinking!!

LOL.

I read an SciFi story which revolved around the evacuation of a
planet's colony. In the course of which an alien parasite was discovered
after an illegal pizza party (pizza is banned because garlic is impossible
to get out the air scrubbers.) Turns out the aliens are allergic to
garlic.)
So the final confrontation requires some means to get into the command
center, without killing the humans, or destroying everything "No problem
Captain, proper shaped charge ..." and garlic cloves get blasted through
the bulkhead. Works like a charm.
Epilog, of course, now every ship in the fleet smells like an Italian
(Or Spanish) eatery.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.

Drill help barry martin Home Repair 0 November 2nd 04 11:27 PM
Measuring, lining up & drilling holes Daven Thrice Metalworking 23 September 14th 04 08:33 PM
Bench-top drill press recommendation? and what I found so far. [email protected] Metalworking 9 May 20th 04 03:38 AM
Is Drill Doctor worth the price???? Harry Conover Metalworking 33 April 6th 04 02:41 PM
Tool sharpening in general ss Metalworking 4 October 28th 03 12:55 PM