DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   mister (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/10361-re-mister.html)

Kenneth W. Sterling July 10th 03 01:05 AM

mister

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:58:21 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Check the 2002 drop box under "Zero Fog Mister" for one I made and
posted there. If you make it, look up the thread in google for more
information.

Karl

Karl,
I checked out this item - but I have a question....
If you pressurize the coolant to 20 psi, and the air pressure is only
5 psi - what keeps the coolant from travelling upstream into the air
hose/regulator? Seems to me the pressures would have to be equal to
prevent this from happening. I think I'm going to make one, and was
wondering if the coolant port needs to be angled into the air stream?
Thanks.
Ken.

Mike Hanz July 10th 03 03:25 AM

mister

Both the air *and* coolant are pressurized to the same pressure at the
bottle that feeds the wand. The air pressure regulator feeds the
bottle with the coolant in it, then there are two ports on the output,
one of which is vented to the area above the coolant and the other
dips down into the coolant via a plastic tube.

I rarely run mine as high as 20 psi - normally run between 5 and 10
using Omicron. You can see details and the tubing rout at
http://www.fogbuster.com/Half-Gallon.htm. That same bottle runs about
$25 at McMaster Carr, which is where I got the one I used to make my
system.

Best wishes,
Mike