lcoe

Default AA battary capacity, Ah (?)

In rec.crafts.metalworking CMF wrote:
Please kind sir, can you explain what you mean by C/10 and C/20, etc? In
terms my simpleton mind can understand? Thanks.

i don't speak for Ted, but i had that question a few days ago. from my
google results it seems to be the ratio of the battery capacity to the
recharge rate based on 1hr=max rate=batt.capacity. so 1/10C would be
a charge rate=1/10 of batt.cap/hour. a totally amateur opinion. --Loren

ps. if you don't use google, you miss a _lot_.

Maury
"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
lcoe wrote:

and that comports with yet _another_ mystery site that said a NiMH can
take 1/10C overcharge indefinitely (or it may have been 1/18C), which
shortens the life of Nicads.

C/10 for continuous charging of NiMH is still controversial. Some say
C/20 and some would like to see continuous float as low as C/60. The
jury is still out on the long term stuff since the cells haven't been
around all that long and there has been considerable advance in the
technology over the last few years.

Ted

Ted Edwards

CMF wrote:

Please kind sir, can you explain what you mean by C/10 and C/20, etc? In
terms my simpleton mind can understand? Thanks.

When discussing charging and discharging currents of various
cells/batteries, the effect of these on cell performance obviously
depend on cell current - bigger cells can handle more current. In an
effort to come up with a more usefull description, we usualy reference
these to the cell capacity. So C/10 means one tenth of the cell
capacity. e.g. for a 1800milliamp-hour cell, C/10 is 180milliamps.

Hope this helps.

Ted

Ted Edwards

lcoe wrote:

ps. if you don't use google, you miss a _lot_.

Sometimes Google doesn't cut it. Then I use
http://www.Dogpile.com
This is a meta search which uses Google and a number of other search
engines.

Ted

lcoe

In dfw.forsale Ted Edwards wrote:
lcoe wrote:

ps. if you don't use google, you miss a _lot_.

Sometimes Google doesn't cut it. Then I use
http://www.Dogpile.com
This is a meta search which uses Google and a number of other search
engines. Ted

just tried it, and yes, it looks promising. Regards, --Loren

Old Nick

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:41:32 GMT, "Mac McKinzie"
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:
Obviously we are charging and discharging at just the right rates, and
not suffering from any memory effect ....

if only the darned batteries had the lifetime of this thread. G

************************************************** ****************************************
Huh! Old age!. You may hate it, but let me tell you, you can't get by for long without it!

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )
_//- \__/

photocell capacity bob UK diy 4 September 20th 03 11:00 PM
recharging high capacity nimh batts on old recharger Zax UK diy 1 August 29th 03 11:24 AM
Heat capacity of central heating pipes Christian McArdle UK diy 11 August 15th 03 12:24 PM