Intrepid

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:49:12 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the posts from , "The
Greatest News Ever!!!" are about? They seem to be repeating on a somewhat
regular basis.

He is a religion spammer. And lost in his own fantasy world...

Intrepid

Di

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:21:39 GMT, Gary Brady
wrote:

He appears to modify his address from post to post to subvert the
killfile function. Someone whose messages I despise does that on our
local gardening board. Grrrr!

Someone on my lowcarbing newsgroup also does that.
He has also shown up here recently.

Dave Hinz

wrote:

He appears to modify his address from post to post to subvert the
killfile function. Someone whose messages I despise does that on our
local gardening board. Grrrr!

Someone on my lowcarbing newsgroup also does that.
He has also shown up here recently.

Must be a pretty pathetic life when the only way you can get your
posts read, is to change your address regularly. You've got to wonder
why they continue, at that point.

Ed Huntress

wrote:

He appears to modify his address from post to post to subvert the
killfile function. Someone whose messages I despise does that on our
local gardening board. Grrrr!

Someone on my lowcarbing newsgroup also does that.
He has also shown up here recently.

Send him a cherry pie and see if you can kill him.

--
Ed Huntress

DoN. Nichols

wrote:

He appears to modify his address from post to post to subvert the
killfile function. Someone whose messages I despise does that on our
local gardening board. Grrrr!

He's actually an easy target! Filter using 172.149.252.20, which is
his NNTP posting host.... obviously, of course, AOL.....

I've actually got several entries to make sure that I get him
(until the next major change):

/: .*Ron_Grossi_03/f:j
/: .*Greatest News/:j
/: .*News Ever/:j
/: .*blogspot.com/a:j
/: .*172.149.252.20/a:j

In the first line, he changes the later digits, but not the
early ones in his "From: " line.

The second and third pick out parts of the Subject line which
are likely to remain constant.

The forth line is the constant part of the URL which he puts
in these. (The 'a' after the second '/' says to look in *all* of the
article, not just the header lines).

And the fifth has been added as a result of your suggestion --
but he is likely to eventually lose his connection and have to re-dial,
unless he has a(n) (A)DSL connection with a constant IP address. (Are
such available from AOL?)

These killfile entries are of the format which works for unix
trn and strn. You'll have to figure your own modifications for other
newsreaders.

Anyway -- my assumption has been that he is pushing a way for
everyone to be "saved" (whether they wish to be so or not).

And he has been hitting a lot of other newsgroups, not just this
one.

Note that when Pope John Paul II was dying, he quit, until after
the funeral, after which he started in high gear. This suggests some
religious (Christian) sensitivity on his part.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Proctologically Violated©®

I think he is an infidel, partially responsible for having murdered my
Jesus.
He must pay....
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
Can anyone tell me what the posts from , "The
Greatest News Ever!!!" are about? They seem to be repeating on a somewhat
regular basis.

I was under the impression we shouldn't post attachments on RCM------and
I'm
sure as hell not going to click on it to find out what it says. (Virus?)

Is this just some nut having fun, or am I missing something?

Thanks to all for your comments.

Harold