R.H.

Default What is it? LVII

Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

Leon

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

#321 Sliding DT joint. Slide from corner to corner to separate.

#323 Torch Tip

#325 Jar Opener

Matthew Russotto

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

321: Puzzle box. You have to slide the pieces diagonally to open it.

322: Some sort of tool for shoes or boots

323: Part of a gas lamp

324: Louse comb

325: Stapler

326: Pipe bender

result in a fully-depreciated one.
Leo Lichtman

321 Puzzle block
323 Oxy-acetylene cutting tip (Probably Victor)
324 Staples
325 Jar wrench

Scott Lurndal

#326 - I-Beam hanger clamp.

Unquestionably Confused

#321 Puzzle/Illusion. Dovetails are cut on a 45 degree angle. The
corner you see is the front of the piece.

#323 Cutting/Welding torch tip

#325 Jar opener

Dave Balderstone

In article , R.H.
wrote:

Just posted another set:

Without looking at the answers so far...

321 - An optical illusion. The dovetails run at 45 degrees to the
sides, not perpendicular

322 - A cobblers tool of some sort?

323 - Grease or compressed air nipple

On the rest, I'm drawing a blank...

--
One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com
AL

324 shape gauge for installing tile, flooring, etc.

"R.H." wrote in message
Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking -- though I'm not to
sure about a lot of these.

321) At a guess, it is some kind of decorative puzzle. There would
appear to be at least one split in the lower piece, and probably
several, to allow each of those dovetails to slide apart.

322) Some kind of spinner -- the wedge slides into something, and
the handle allows the device to be used as a crank.

323) Some kind of torch head. I suspect that the outer holes pass fuel
(e.g. Acetylene) and the inner hole passes oxygen, to make a
cutting torch. The two steps at the other end connect to
concentric sources for the two gasses.

At a guess, this has never been used, as it shows no
discoloration from heat.

324) With no scale, I think that it is either part of a stick of
staples, or part of a contour gauge (the latter I consider
unlikely, because the ends are too neatly lined up.)

325) This looks like a gripper for large flat bottle lids, to grip
them so they can be twisted off.

326) A tool to take out slack in a binder chain?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Gary Brady

R.H. wrote:
Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

321. The impossible dovetail
322. No clue
323. Cutting tip, might be for propane, acety. tips have more holes
324. Beauti-brads
325. Some sort of binder.
326. Well, looks like a set of Viking's horns.

From RCM.

--
Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Barbara Bailey

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:26:08 GMT, "R.H." wrote:

Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

321 is a puzzle box
325 is a jar opener.
Matthew Newell

In article , rhvp67
@cinci.rr.com says...
Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

hi

321 wooden puzzle with what look like impossible mortice
and tenon joints (diagonal slide gets it undone - the
joints are not tenons do not run parallel/perpendicular to
edges of cube but diagonally from middle of one face to
middle of adjacent face)

322 lever for lifting rising butt doors

323 high pressure water nozzle

324

325 looks like the adjustment mechanism from the bottom of
an ironing board

326 some form of adjustable / openable shackle

thanks

matthew newell

rec.puzzles
R.H.

Five of the six have been correctly answered so far:

321. Double dovetail puzzle, made from two solid pieces of wood.

322.

323. Cutting torch tip

324. Contour gauge

325. Jar opener

326. I-Beam clamp

Rob

Fred R

Is 322 a cooper's tool?
--
Fred R
________________

B.B.

In article ,
"R.H." wrote:

Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

321. A box. If you can figure out how to open it Pinhead pops out and
eats you.
322. Sixteen inches that should not be seen on TV.
323. Cigarette--no, Cigar lighter.
324. Kitten repair tool.
325. A device to allow one-armed people to hug small children.
326. Found inside of item #321.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/
R.H.

"Fred R" "spam wrote in message
Is 322 a cooper's tool?
--

This one isn't a cooper's tool.

Rob

axolotl

R.H. wrote:

This one isn't a cooper's tool.

A farrier's buttress for removing horseshoes.

Kevin Gallimore

John Martin

Farrier's tool. For trimming hooves.

No country boys here?

John Martin

Sarah W

"John Martin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Farrier's tool. For trimming hooves.

No country boys here?

I've watched a lot of farriers trim a lot of horse hooves, and I've never
seen one use a tool like that. Could someone who knows something about it
explain how it is used?

Sarah W.

R.H.

"axolotl" wrote in message
R.H. wrote:

This one isn't a cooper's tool.

A farrier's buttress for removing horseshoes.

Correct, though I've heard it's for paring hooves, not sure if it's for
removing horseshoes. It's also called a butteris.

Rob

axolotl

R.H. wrote:

Correct, though I've heard it's for paring hooves, not sure if it's for
removing horseshoes. It's also called a butteris.

I cannot claim authority, as I have never used one. The position one has
to assume for operation doesn't appeal to me

Kevin Gallimore

Ron DeBlock

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:26:08 +0000, R.H. wrote:

Just posted another set:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

321. Wooden puzzle - try to figure out how to get it apart. Might be
hollow for storing treasures, in which case it would be a box puzzle.
Some of them are ingenious.

322. No idea.

323. Tip for an oxy-fuel cutting torch, probably oxy-acetylene. I'm sure
someone in RCM knows the exact brand and part number of this example.

324. A row of staples? Can't really get an idea of the size in that
photo.

325. A jar opener. The wife has one just like it in the kitchen. The
handle on the left is adjustable to fit the size of the jar lid. Place
the it over the lid, squeeze the handle to tighten, and you can apply more
torque to the stuck lid.

326. Not sure. Maybe a cousin to the above, for REALLY stuck jar lids? ;-)

Reading in rec.crafts.metalworking

-Ron

Dave Balderstone

In article .com,
John Martin wrote:

Farrier's tool. For trimming hooves.

No country boys here?

My brother's a farrier... Never seen that tool in his truck.

--
One site: http://www.balderstone.ca
The other site, with ww linkshttp://www.woodenwabbits.com
R.H.

My brother's a farrier... Never seen that tool in his truck.

This one is an antique, I'm sure they have different tools now that serve
the same purpose.

Rob

R.H.

Could someone who knows something about it explain how it is used?

I've never used one, but from what I understand, the handle rests against
the farrier's arm or shoulder, and it's operated by a thrust movement.
There is picture of a similar one with a different handle at the site below:

http://www.roseantiquetools.com/imag...20Butteris%20%

Rob