DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where are Kingston lathes made? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/101930-where-kingston-lathes-made.html)

AL April 7th 05 06:46 AM

Where are Kingston lathes made?

I was browsing an auctioneer's web page and noticed a company with some
gigantic late-model manual lathes up for auction. The brand is "Kingston".
Does anyone know what country these lathes are made in? Google didn't turn
up anything.

I'm just curious.

http://www.cia-auction.com/auctionda...an_Machine.pdf

Harold and Susan Vordos April 7th 05 08:14 AM

"AL" wrote in message
I was browsing an auctioneer's web page and noticed a company with some
gigantic late-model manual lathes up for auction. The brand is

"Kingston".
Does anyone know what country these lathes are made in? Google didn't

turn
up anything.

I'm just curious.

http://www.cia-auction.com/auctionda...an_Machine.pdf

My money says they're made in the UK. I'm curious, too.

Harold

Harold and Susan Vordos April 7th 05 10:23 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Taiwan.

http://www.combitech.com.tw/chinhung/frofile.htm

Thanks for the link. They're quite impressive!

Harold

Gunner April 7th 05 05:56 PM

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 02:23:11 -0700, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Taiwan.

http://www.combitech.com.tw/chinhung/frofile.htm

Thanks for the link. They're quite impressive!

Harold

Some...some were made in Romania IRRC. They are indeed a decent
machine. Also if you see a "Lion", its also Romanian/Bulgarian and
is a very nice and solid machine.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,