DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mystery mill Oesterlein (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/101516-mystery-mill-oesterlein.html)

joebass April 4th 05 02:38 AM

Mystery mill Oesterlein

In addition to the Bridgeport, I got this also No. 25 Heavy Universal
Oesterlein Machine Co. Cincinnati, Ohio
The table is 11 x 48. It has a power feed. Link to pics:

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2821

Jon Elson April 4th 05 11:26 PM

joebass wrote:

In addition to the Bridgeport, I got this also No. 25 Heavy Universal
Oesterlein Machine Co. Cincinnati, Ohio
The table is 11 x 48. It has a power feed. Link to pics:

http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2821

Yikes! It looks like it was originally made for line shaft drive, with that
huge flat belt step pulley on the horizontal spindle. Looks heavily built,
but has to be close to 100 years old. Any idea what condition the ways are
in?

Planning on cutting helical gears?

Jon