DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   2 year old dishwasher leaking at both door corner gaskets! How fix? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/96844-2-year-old-dishwasher-leaking-both-door-corner-gaskets-how-fix.html)

MrC1 March 28th 05 04:31 AM

2 year old dishwasher leaking at both door corner gaskets! How fix?

This thing is going to rot out the cabinets next to it if I don't do
something quick.

I've removed, cleaned and reinstalled the little rubber corner gaskets, but
no change. I tried laying little strips of gasket material in there for
some added thickness with little to no change.

This is a GE Profile series unit.

Thanks!

Appliance Repair Aid March 28th 05 01:49 PM

MrC1 wrote:
This thing is going to rot out the cabinets next to it if I don't do
something quick.

I've removed, cleaned and reinstalled the little rubber corner

gaskets, but
no change. I tried laying little strips of gasket material in there

for
some added thickness with little to no change.

This is a GE Profile series unit.

Thanks!

Hi,

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

A few common leaking trouble makers
http://www.applianceaid.com/dishleaks.html

Art wrote:

Is it level

Or even levelled slightly higher on the front than the back of the
unit.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

toller March 28th 05 04:19 PM

My dishwasher started leaking when the drain got clogged. Probably not your
problem, but something worth checking.

MrC1 March 28th 05 06:01 PM

I'll check for level, but if anything it appears to be a front-to-back
levelling problem since it leaks out both front corners, not just one. I'll
have a look at this.

Thanks for the link to common dishwasher leak sources!

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
oups.com...

toller March 28th 05 08:19 PM

toller March 28th 05 08:19 PM

toller March 28th 05 08:19 PM

toller March 28th 05 08:19 PM

Sam March 28th 05 10:35 PM

Maybe the door is sprung or replace your gasket.

Wayne Boatwright March 29th 05 03:35 AM

On Sun 27 Mar 2005 08:31:24p, MrC1 wrote in alt.home.repair:

This thing is going to rot out the cabinets next to it if I don't do
something quick.

I've removed, cleaned and reinstalled the little rubber corner gaskets,
but no change. I tried laying little strips of gasket material in there
for some added thickness with little to no change.

This is a GE Profile series unit.

Thanks!

I can't offer a suggestion, but I can tell you I never owned a GE
dishwasher that didn't end up leaking at both front bottom corners. Over
the years I've owned at least half a dozen (usually already in place in
homes I bought). No repairmen ever managed to fix them.

Good luck!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974