DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sump pump sticks (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/96842-sump-pump-sticks.html)

Senin March 28th 05 03:39 AM

Sump pump sticks

A while back I posted because my sump pump would only work
sporatically. Sometime it would, sometimes it wouldn't-- which could
be a problem. After much analysis I discovered that the simple reason
was because the parts stuck sometimes. I sprayed them with silicone
and it worked fine for a long time.

Suddenly I noticed in the most recent rainstorm that it stuck again. I
sprayed silicone. However, it continues to stick. I can get it
working by hitting it with a clothes hanger, that seems to get the
parts moving. However, I can't always be around to do this.

Any suggestions for getting this thing going again?

Edwin Pawlowski March 28th 05 03:55 AM

"Senin" wrote in message
oups.com...
A while back I posted because my sump pump would only work
sporatically. Sometime it would, sometimes it wouldn't-- which could
be a problem. After much analysis I discovered that the simple reason
was because the parts stuck sometimes. I sprayed them with silicone
and it worked fine for a long time.

Exactly what sticks? The float? The switch? Is something worn? Grease is
probably a better lubricant for this application but not knowing exactly
where it is applied, I can't say for sure.