Grant Erwin

Default Value of a 18 HP John Deere tractor with 18HP Daytona engine?

Ignoramus29808 wrote:
Someone is offering me a used XTR-30 John Deere garden tractor with a
18 HP Daytona engine for $390. I will go look at it today and if it is
good, will try to haggle for a better price. My question is, is it a
good value for money? I did look on ebay, but did not find a similar
model.

Are you kidding? Here's the deal: if it runs, it's worth it. If not, then
maybe. $390 is a little more than you'd pay for a lawn mower these days.

GWE
Glenn

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Ignoramus29808 wrote:
Someone is offering me a used XTR-30 John Deere garden tractor with a
18 HP Daytona engine for $390. I will go look at it today and if it is
good, will try to haggle for a better price. My question is, is it a
good value for money? I did look on ebay, but did not find a similar
model.

Are you kidding? Here's the deal: if it runs, it's worth it. If not, then
maybe. $390 is a little more than you'd pay for a lawn mower these days.

GWE

The motor is frequently the last thing to worry about. If it is hydraulic
drive it may work sweet for 10 mins and then just stop moving cause there
are problems in the pump and it has to cool back down till it can run again.
The mower deck takes the biggest hits and usually has the hardest parts to
find. I got a free garden tractor in running condition .. and spent that
much or more getting it in useable condition.
YMMV
Glenn