Junior Member

Exclamation Immersion Heater Problems ;-(

Dear Group,

I have started having problems with my water heater lately along with my circuit breaker. The other day my 15amp fuse wire for my immersion water heater blew. The wire was only broken the first time....so I replaced it and thought nothing of it. A short time later when I went to use my hot water it violently blew again but this time the wire was completely melted, gone, nothing left. I have a Horstmann Electronic 7 Maxistore timer hooked to it and for the past 7 months i've had it set to "continuous" rather than boosting or 1hr/2hr timing. I've never had a problem with it before but now I have replaced the fuse wire 4 times and each time it has blown and melted. Any ideas? Thanks
Speedy Jim

Tim W. wrote:

Dear Group,

I have started having problems with my water heater lately along with
my circuit breaker. The other day my 15amp fuse wire for my immersion
water heater blew. The wire was only broken the first time....so I
replaced it and thought nothing of it. A short time later when I went
to use my hot water it violently blew again but this time the wire was
completely melted, gone, nothing left. I have a Horstmann Electronic 7
Maxistore timer hooked to it and for the past 7 months i've had it set
to "continuous" rather than boosting or 1hr/2hr timing. I've never had
a problem with it before but now I have replaced the fuse wire 4 times
and each time it has blown and melted. Any ideas? Thanks

a: The immersion heater element is
shorted internally to the sheath (earth).

b: Use fatter fuse wi-)

Jim

Immersion Water Heater Problem Tim W. UK diy 1 March 27th 05 12:33 AM
Immersion Heater Problem Tim W. UK diy 0 March 26th 05 08:40 PM
Immersion heater question Barry Young UK diy 11 July 13th 04 11:16 AM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 10:51 PM
Wiring an Immersion Heater Timer Nathan UK diy 4 December 5th 03 10:23 AM