Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Is this considered a "Whole house fan "

I'm looking to reduce energy consumption. I was reading up on Attic
fans and Whole house fans. We have a "fan" button on our thermostat
that circulates air in the house. We turn it on when we cook so that we
can have fresh air from outside. Is this considered a whole house fan
or not? How is Whole house fan different from this?

Another question is, we have fans in the roof that rotate mechanically
(no electricity) whenever there's a draft I think. Can we install an
attic fan in its place that's controlled by a thermostat so that when
the attic's temp goes up beyond certain point it's on automatically?

Thanks.

Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Repair 27 February 20th 04 02:50 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM
what's the best way to wire money from oversea to buy house Mark Sladden Home Ownership 2 July 25th 03 07:53 PM