DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pilot Light Question In Gas Forced Hot Air Residence Heating Furnace (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/95551-pilot-light-question-gas-forced-hot-air-residence-heating-furnace.html)

Robert11 March 18th 05 12:00 AM

Pilot Light Question In Gas Forced Hot Air Residence Heating Furnace

Hello:

Trying to learn something about the state of the art in gas, forced hot air
furnaces before calling
contractors in for quotes. Present furnace in house is about 25 yrs. old.

Two questions for now:

Do these new units use a pilot light that is always on ?

The variable speed blowers I've heard about: are the models that
incorporate them (usually) truly variable speed, or just a discrete two, or
perhaps three, speeds ?

B.

TURTLE March 18th 05 12:49 AM

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Trying to learn something about the state of the art in gas, forced hot air
furnaces before calling
contractors in for quotes. Present furnace in house is about 25 yrs. old.

Two questions for now:

Do these new units use a pilot light that is always on ?

The variable speed blowers I've heard about: are the models that incorporate
them (usually) truly variable speed, or just a discrete two, or perhaps three,
speeds ?

B.

This is Turtle.

There is no more pilot lite that burn all the time.

A true veriable speed is really has more than 200 speeds to select from or a
true veriable speed is a DC motor to speed it up and slow it down with to get
any speed it wants.

TURTLE