DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Backerboard (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/94714-backerboard.html)

Jodi March 11th 05 07:49 PM

Backerboard

Can/should cement backerboard (1/4" wonderboard, specifically) be installed
over vinyl tile?

Yes, I'm looking for a shortcut if there is one.

Thanks,
Jodi

SQLit March 11th 05 11:14 PM

"Jodi" wrote in message
ink.net...
Can/should cement backerboard (1/4" wonderboard, specifically) be

installed
over vinyl tile?

Yes, I'm looking for a shortcut if there is one.

Thanks,
Jodi

best pratice is to remove the vinyl tile. Taking short cuts always bite me
in the ass.

G Henslee March 11th 05 11:54 PM

Jodi,

If applying the backerboard over a wood subfloor - yes, with nails and
adhesive.

Concrete slab - no. I believe the manufacturer advises the same.