Michael T

Default Garage door & garage light

Why is it a special lamp is old at stores like Home Depot for garages.
Namely, a "garage door lamp - 60 watts"?

Will any 60 watt bulb do? My local Home Depot is out of stock.

As always, thank you in advance.

Michael

Backlash

I have in the past used standard bulbs in my openers for years, but the
rough service bulbs used in hand-held garage service lights should hold up
better, due to the slight vibration of the unit when it's operating. Thse
bulbs are designed to take a little abuse, with extra filiment support. I
switched to using these bulbs on the the work lamps on the screw machines at
work, and the guys come get new bulbs WAY, WAY less than before.

RJ

"Michael T" wrote in message
. com...
Why is it a special lamp is old at stores like Home Depot for garages.
Namely, a "garage door lamp - 60 watts"?

Will any 60 watt bulb do? My local Home Depot is out of stock.

As always, thank you in advance.

Michael

Joseph Meehan

Michael T wrote:
Why is it a special lamp is old at stores like Home Depot for garages.
Namely, a "garage door lamp - 60 watts"?

Will any 60 watt bulb do? My local Home Depot is out of stock.

As always, thank you in advance.

Michael

Door openers vibrate when they are functioning. Vibration is hard on
lamps so standard lamps tend to burn out quickly in that use. The garage
door lamps are just lamps designed to handle the vibration better.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

m Ransley

I stopped using 60 watt bulbs on the units and put in socket adaptors
and plug in several non attatched worklights with 150 watt bulbs, door
openers never give off enough light and heavy duty bulbs don`t last with
the vibrations.

Warren Weber

"Michael T" wrote in message
. com...
Why is it a special lamp is old at stores like Home Depot for garages.
Namely, a "garage door lamp - 60 watts"?

Will any 60 watt bulb do? My local Home Depot is out of stock.

As always, thank you in advance.

Michael

I solved that problem by using a screw in flourescent bulb. Vibration won't
bother these. W W

Adding a single light to a dual switch light system Tom Edelbrok Home Repair 9 January 8th 05 08:40 PM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
add a light in bedrooms tweety Home Repair 17 March 11th 04 11:22 AM
changing a light bulb Joe Home Repair 6 March 8th 04 06:30 PM
How much light for a garage? Rich UK diy 38 December 5th 03 11:10 AM