DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cutting a pair of old closet doors without splintering? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/94556-cutting-pair-old-closet-doors-without-splintering.html)

John Walters March 10th 05 03:49 AM

cutting a pair of old closet doors without splintering?

I have a pair of sliding closet doors that need 1/2" cut off the ends.
These doors are old and I don't want to have to repaint them. What would be
the best way to trim them without splintering?

Thanks,
John Walters

HeyBub March 10th 05 04:03 AM

John Walters wrote:
I have a pair of sliding closet doors that need 1/2" cut off the ends.
These doors are old and I don't want to have to repaint them. What
would be the best way to trim them without splintering?

A power plane.

John Walters March 10th 05 04:15 AM

"HeyBub" wrote in message
John Walters wrote:
I have a pair of sliding closet doors that need 1/2" cut off the ends.
These doors are old and I don't want to have to repaint them. What
would be the best way to trim them without splintering?

A power plane.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't own one of those I don't believe.... would
the local lumber yard have one?

JW

HeyBub March 10th 05 09:51 PM

John Walters wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
John Walters wrote:
I have a pair of sliding closet doors that need 1/2" cut off the
ends. These doors are old and I don't want to have to repaint them.
What would be the best way to trim them without splintering?

A power plane.

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't own one of those I don't believe....
would the local lumber yard have one?

JW

Harbor Freight: $40.00
http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyA...ht/results.jsp

eBay: $13.00 (search "planer")

Gideon March 11th 05 07:35 AM

Homier: $19.99 Item #01770 (but currently out-of-stock):
www.homier.com

Gideon