longshot

Default laminate floor in bathroom

I know I have to seal the joints... just a simple question.. pull the vanity
& stool & put the flooring under or butt up to it & caulk around? I am a bit
concerned with the weight of the stool near cut pieces. what do ya think?

--
Be cool,
Longshot

Andy Hill

"longshot" wrote:
I know I have to seal the joints... just a simple question.. pull the vanity
& stool & put the flooring under or butt up to it & caulk around? I am a bit
concerned with the weight of the stool near cut pieces. what do ya think?

I'd pull the stool and vanity, just as with a tile job. However, I wouldn't
install laminate in a bathroom to begin with -- sealed or not, eventually you'll
get a flood sufficient to buckle your floor.
Kyle Boatright

The easy way is to lay the floor around the existing cabinetry. It'll be
easier to replace when the time comes.

Speaking of which, have you really given thought to whether you want to put
laminate in a bathroom? The first tub or toilet overflow is likely to ruin
it, and even everyday drips from when you climb in and out of the tub or
shower will damage the area over time.

KB