DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   subfloor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/94280-subfloor.html)

bugz March 7th 05 11:03 PM

subfloor

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and I was trying to get some helpful tips on
subfloors. I live in a mobile home and just recently discovered that
the sbfloor underneath my waterheatr (which is in the closet) is quite
rotten and nasty, from a water heater leak. Is it possible to just cut
out the rotten flooring and replace it. I have done this in my parents
house, but I have never had to take the board from under a wall, which
I will have to do in the closet. Any help and or advice would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks
Oh by the way cheap is better.

--
bugz
bugz's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=83

Brian March 8th 05 10:40 AM

but I have never had to take the board from under a wall, which
I will have to do in the closet.

I would just do usual leave 0.5" - 1" on the inside, add new 2x4
support,
glue & screw new subfloor and add 1/4 plywood to cover entire room.

In many mobile homes subfloor glued, screwed and nailed to the point
where you have to remove walls.

bugz March 8th 05 01:00 PM

Thanks for the info. Why should I add the 1/4 plywood to the floor.
May seem like a dumb question, but if you don't know you better ask.