DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need Help to remove ice from roof (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/94244-need-help-remove-ice-roof.html)

Vani B March 7th 05 08:26 PM

Need Help to remove ice from roof

Hi,

I live close to downtown Ottawa.
We currently have ice damns/snow on the roof and would like to find
someone to get remove them from the roof.

The roof is easily accesible from a balcony.

You can contact me on .

Thanks

Vani

Dan C March 7th 05 08:50 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:26:00 -0800, Vani B wrote:

I live close to downtown Ottawa.
We currently have ice damns/snow on the roof and would like to find
someone to get remove them from the roof.

Flag down the nearest kid on the street corner. Do you really think
anyone in here can do it for you?

You can contact me on .

Welcome to spam-ville.

Linux Registered User #327951

The Real Tom March 7th 05 09:42 PM

On 7 Mar 2005 12:26:00 -0800, (Vani B) wrote:

Hi,

I live close to downtown Ottawa.
We currently have ice damns/snow on the roof and would like to find
someone to get remove them from the roof.

IMHO, this is what I would do:

Ice dams won't be too easy to remove, or atleast not recommeded
removing with mechanical means. Get a sock fill it with a safe
de-icing crystals/power. Tie a rope to it, closing it. Toss the
sock on the roof, pull it till it hits the ice dam, and leave it
there. A small section of the ice dam will slowly melt allowing
melting water from above it to drain before freezing(how you got the
ice dam in the first place).

As for the snow, I would get a roof rake, if the roof is easily
accessible, removing the snow won't be too differcult.

As for the ice dams, might want to take steps in preventing their
build up in the future.

later,

tom @
www.MedicalJobList.com

HeyBub March 8th 05 03:35 AM

Vani B wrote:
Hi,

I live close to downtown Ottawa.
We currently have ice damns/snow on the roof and would like to find
someone to get remove them from the roof.

The roof is easily accesible from a balcony.

You can contact me on .

Connect the hose to your hot water heater.