john hawkins

Default I Hate Price-Pfister

I bought a price pfister two handle kitchen faucet to please the better
half. I saw that Lowes did not sell parts which gave me concern but
anyway.... I bought it.
Now 9 months later it drips. I bought a new ceramic cartridge (not Lowes)
and installed it. it still drips. Went back to parts supplier. after only
a little cringing and whining, he gave me another one. I checked the seat
area and it appears smooth and flat. Installed the second cartridge. It
STILL drips.

Called a several plumbers, all but one said they don't touch price pfister
"they're junk". Scheduled visit form the one shop who said they'd fix it.
The plumber obviously had never seen a ceramic cartridge. after some playing
around he BROKE the ceramic disk. He left. Fortunately, I still have my
previous replacement. put it in and of course it still drips.

any advice gratefully accepted. I'll look on the group for an answer.

Kim

Its a pretty good company with good products, too bad you had so much
trouble. Give them a toll free call, parts are under warranty but you pay
only for shipping.

"john hawkins" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Dennis Turner

On 3/4/2005 9:12 PM or thereabouts, john hawkins appears, somewhat
unbelievably, to have opined:
[...]

Call them 1-800-PFAUCET

They will make it right under their "Pforever" Warranty program.

--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.
xrongor

ive read that if you want a good faucet, get a metal one with the name
embossed (not printed) on it. they dont do that to their cheap models.

randy

John B

These pfunny pfaucets have earned only my contempt. I must admit my
knowledge of them is probably out-dated. I became a Moen fan decades ago.
So you get to test the PP warranty.

I put Kwik-set locks and Price Pfister in the same category. Bright
marketing and dim value. I put Schlage locks and Moen fixtures in the
opposite category; no marketing but solid value. Not the most expensive,
for sure. But solid, long-term value.

"john hawkins" wrote
any advice gratefully accepted. I'll look on the group for an answer.

Clark Griswold

"John B" wrote in message
These pfunny pfaucets have earned only my contempt. I must admit my
knowledge of them is probably out-dated. I became a Moen fan decades ago.
So you get to test the PP warranty.

I put Kwik-set locks and Price Pfister in the same category. Bright
marketing and dim value. I put Schlage locks and Moen fixtures in the
opposite category; no marketing but solid value. Not the most expensive,
for sure. But solid, long-term value.

"john hawkins" wrote
any advice gratefully accepted. I'll look on the group for an answer.

Kwik-set, Price Pfister and Black and Decker are all the same company. I
ordered replacement parts from Price Pfister a few weeks ago and when it
came the packing list contained all three names.

Philip Lewis

"Kim" writes:
Its a pretty good company with good products, too bad you had so much
trouble. Give them a toll free call, parts are under warranty but you pay
only for shipping.

I had an in sink soap bottle break on ours a couple years ago.
(the plastic thread section was improperly glued/fused to the
bottle.) When i called them, they sent two replacement bottles, no
charge.

The pfaucet has worked fine for several years now... no drips or
problems.

Give them a call or cisit their website. http://www.pricepfister.com

--
Good luck and be safe.
flip

John McGaw

john hawkins wrote:
[...]

You _BOUGHT_? a new cartridge? Why didn't you just ask PF for a free
replacement. The faucet is guaranteed and in my experience they will
send you any replacement parts you ask for with no/few questions asked.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Steve Manes

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 03:12:01 GMT, "john hawkins"
wrote:

I bought a price pfister two handle kitchen faucet to please the better
half. I saw that Lowes did not sell parts which gave me concern but
anyway.... I bought it.

Yeah, my girlfriend's brother-in-law is a master plumber and hates
Price-Pfister too. He doesn't care much for Delta either. He was
trying to steer me to Grohe for my kitchen but, damn, those things are
serious $$.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs

John B

What does he think of Moen?
I must admit that I have had more than my share of trouble with my
single-handled Moen kitchen faucet. It is "maintenance intensive."
However, the cheerful staff at Moen promptly sends me replacement parts, at
no charge whatsoever, for my faucet. I have gotten cartridges, spout,
anything I needed.

My Moen bathroom faucets (shower and lavatory) have been flawless. Zero
maintenance. All I do is clean the scale, etc., around them. I've had them
for years without any maintenance needs at all. They get lots of use, and
never drip. Thus I feel that the Moen faucets with separate hot and cold
cartridges have superb reliability and performance characteristics. Heck,
nothing lasts forever, but these faucets are the most reliable products I've
ever bought. They're nice looking, and were reasonably priced.

I had a Delta in the kitchen, and got rid of it years ago. The sprayer
didn't work.

Another consideration of faucets, though the data might be hard to gather,
is their tendency to leach lead. I would like to get current data. Haven't
thought about it for years, though.

"Steve Manes" wrote

Yeah, my girlfriend's brother-in-law is a master plumber and hates
Price-Pfister too. He doesn't care much for Delta either. He was
trying to steer me to Grohe for my kitchen but, damn, those things are
serious $$.

Steve Manes
Brooklyn, NY
http://www.magpie.com/house/bbs

Price Check? [email protected] Metalworking 3 March 1st 05 08:16 PM
Design Cad 3D Max price doubled Bob Woodworking 32 September 30th 04 10:39 PM
Red Oak 1/2 price at Rockler until October 3rd Joe Wilding Woodworking 13 September 13th 04 06:10 PM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM
Reasonable price for a replacement CH boiler? Hugo Nebula UK diy 18 November 20th 03 08:01 PM