puzzled

Default Broken bulb

One of my refrigerator light bulbs broke. The threaded part is still in the
socket. I read to use a potato to get this out. Do I just jam the potato
in the socket? Carve it to make it fit? Any other advice or hints on how
to get this darn thing out of there? My midnight raids just aren't the
same. Oh, I do know to unplug the fridge before trying to get the part out
of the socket.

Thanks

I usually just use pliers. Unplug the refrigerator before you do this.

SQLit

"puzzled" wrote in message
One of my refrigerator light bulbs broke. The threaded part is still in

the
socket. I read to use a potato to get this out. Do I just jam the potato
in the socket? Carve it to make it fit? Any other advice or hints on how
to get this darn thing out of there? My midnight raids just aren't the
same. Oh, I do know to unplug the fridge before trying to get the part

out
of the socket.

Thanks

I would think a potato is to soft.

I have used small needle nosed pliers and a lot of time.
There are commercially available socket removers. That might be the way to
go.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...&ItemKey=4HY89

Edwin Pawlowski

"SQLit" wrote in message
I would think a potato is to soft.

I have used small needle nosed pliers and a lot of time.
There are commercially available socket removers. That might be the way to
go.

Tried it and it works. Raw potato, not French Fries.

Joseph Meehan

puzzled wrote:
One of my refrigerator light bulbs broke. The threaded part is still
in the socket. I read to use a potato to get this out. Do I just
jam the potato in the socket? Carve it to make it fit? Any other
advice or hints on how to get this darn thing out of there? My
midnight raids just aren't the same. Oh, I do know to unplug the
fridge before trying to get the part out of the socket.

Thanks

It works. Start by turning the frig off, then just jam it on there, no
cutting or pealing needed.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

puzzled

"Joseph Meehan"wrote in message

It works. Start by turning the frig off, then just jam it on there, no
cutting or pealing needed.

It does work! WoooooHhhhooooooo! It came out with just a few turns. Thanks.

Stormin Mormon

Ranco broken bulb remover, seen on late nite tv. Only $39.99 plus 5.95 P and
H. call now!

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus