DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   double oven circuit size (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/94058-double-oven-circuit-size.html)

Gary and Karla March 3rd 05 11:46 PM

double oven circuit size

I thought 30 amp # 10 should be plenty. Help.
--
Bacon and Eggs The chicken played a role, but the pig was committed!

toller March 4th 05 12:01 AM

"Gary and Karla" wrote in message

I thought 30 amp # 10 should be plenty. Help.
--

Normally it is 40 or 50a. That info should be with the oven. If you put in
a 30a, it is just a matter of using just one oven at a time. ;^)

AutoTracer March 4th 05 12:08 AM

Look at the wattage on the nameplate of the oven. Divide by 220V and you
have amps. For example if the rating is 8kW (or 8kVA) and the voltage is
220 then the current required is 36A so go 10% higher and round up to 40A.

Not sure what gague wire is required for the 40A ckt but it should be easy
enough to look up.

Kim March 4th 05 07:12 AM

"AutoTracer" wrote in message
k.net...
Look at the wattage on the nameplate of the oven. Divide by 220V and you
have amps. For example if the rating is 8kW (or 8kVA) and the voltage is
220 then the current required is 36A so go 10% higher and round up to 40A.

More like 25% higher.

mike60510 March 4th 05 07:20 PM

We are going to put one in our kitchen. Most of the ovens we looked at
require #6 wire with a 50 amp two-pole CB.

Stormin Mormon March 5th 05 02:45 AM

Most clothes dryers (well, the electric only ones) 30 amp circuits. The
ranges I've worked on have been 50 amps.

But, who uses all the circuits at once? Only on thanksgiving. Just order
pizza, and be done with it.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus