DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where did the decent electrical boxes go? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/92879-where-did-decent-electrical-boxes-go.html)

Matt February 25th 05 10:21 PM

Where did the decent electrical boxes go?

Hey you wacky electrician guys.

Why is it that I can't seem to find any 'real' boxes anymore? When I
was doing residential, we used boxes made by, I believe, a company
called 'raco'. They were sort of grey/tan in color, and seemed to be
made out of fiberglass (or at least thats what it looked like when I
would smash one after having mounted it crooked).

I still see them used in new construction, but can't find them myself.

All I see at the super mega lo mart these days are the crappy blue
plastic *******s that for some reason I just hate the **** out of.

Where did they go?

Thanks
Matt

Main Man February 25th 05 11:07 PM

try
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ded/index.html

Colbyt February 25th 05 11:20 PM

"Matt" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey you wacky electrician guys.

Why is it that I can't seem to find any 'real' boxes anymore? When I
was doing residential, we used boxes made by, I believe, a company
called 'raco'. They were sort of grey/tan in color, and seemed to be
made out of fiberglass (or at least thats what it looked like when I
would smash one after having mounted it crooked).

I still see them used in new construction, but can't find them myself.

All I see at the super mega lo mart these days are the crappy blue
plastic *******s that for some reason I just hate the **** out of.

Where did they go?

Thanks
Matt

They are still made. You will find them at a supply house.

You won't find them at big box stores because the average shopper there is
to cheap to pay for quality goods.

Colbyt