Robert11

Default Securing a Viyl Strip To Concrete Floor (use an industrial grade double sided adhesive tape, or...?)

Hello:

Wish to secure a vinyl strip to a concrete garage floor entrance to try
and prevent (small amounts of) rain water from coming in.

It was suggested that I try an "industrial grade double sided adhesive
tape".
But no details as to brand or type are available.

Obviously, the adhesive would have to be waterproof.

Would you try one of the Foam Core type of double sided tapes, or without a
foam core ?
Could these (either type) possibly truly be waterproof ?

What about an RTV type of adhesive, rather than a tape ?
Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

Mikepier

You can try liquid nails, I'm sure that would work.

twfsa

I take it that there's a gap on where the door meets the floor, is it a
wooden door, if so what about cutting a strip of wood and nailing it to the
door and then applying the weatherstrip.

I would think that the glued strip would not hold up to the tires of a car
driving over it.

Tom
"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Wish to secure a vinyl strip to a concrete garage floor entrance to try
and prevent (small amounts of) rain water from coming in.

It was suggested that I try an "industrial grade double sided adhesive
tape".
But no details as to brand or type are available.

Obviously, the adhesive would have to be waterproof.

Would you try one of the Foam Core type of double sided tapes, or without
a foam core ?
Could these (either type) possibly truly be waterproof ?

What about an RTV type of adhesive, rather than a tape ?
Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

Straw Bales as Concrete Void Form for Garage Floor Wpg Man Home Repair 18 June 12th 21 08:25 PM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Repair 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
How to make new concrete attach to old concrete JW Home Ownership 8 June 27th 04 08:44 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
Help with concrete! Alexander Galkin Home Repair 4 August 16th 03 04:40 AM