P. Gail Chesler

Default remove little spatters of paint?

The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little
specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had
it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I
just want to clean the little specks.

Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail
Suzie-Q

In article ,
P. Gail Chesler wrote:

- The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little
- specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had
- it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I
- just want to clean the little specks.
-
- Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail

Too many to use a fingernail? The little drops will usually come off
very easily, but the only way I know of to get them off without
messing up the wood floor is one drop/speck at a time.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
http://www.intergnat.com/pussygames/
Norminn

Suzie-Q wrote:
In article ,
P. Gail Chesler wrote:

- The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little
- specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had
- it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I
- just want to clean the little specks.
-
- Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail

Too many to use a fingernail? The little drops will usually come off
very easily, but the only way I know of to get them off without
messing up the wood floor is one drop/speck at a time.

My opinion, too, but I was too chicken to be the first to suggest it. A
plastic scrubber might do the trick with light scrubbing, cool water and
mild detergent. Dry right away and don't saturate the wood. A plastic
scraper or even a teflon spatula might do the trick.

Charlie Bress

If the paint is latex, Goof-Off will remove it easily.
BUT and it is a big but, it may also attack or remove the finish on the
floor. If you don't succeed with mechanical removal and want to try
chemical, try a little test in a place that won't show.

Charlie

"P. Gail Chesler" wrote in message
The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little
specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had
it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I
just want to clean the little specks.

Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail

Alan

"P. Gail Chesler" wrote in message
The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little
specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had
it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I
just want to clean the little specks.

Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail

Vinegar disolves latex paint.

higgins

Try steel wool, which won't scratch if you don't use it too hard.

Matt

I've been waiting years to hear the little spatters of paint on the
kitchen floor, and now you want to get rid of them!

Thats the last straw, Gail.

I'm filing for divorce.

Jim B

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:53:27 -0500, "Alan" wrote:

"P. Gail Chesler" wrote in message
.. .
The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little
specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had
it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I
just want to clean the little specks.

Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail

Vinegar disolves latex paint.

Will it dissolve latex paint on cap (fabric) too?
How about a BIG spatters on cement floor (I goof and spill all over my front
driveway)?

Thanks

Joe Zimmerman

about the driveway.
doh... you could paint the rest of the drive way

I would try a pressure washer.

"Jim B" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:53:27 -0500, "Alan" wrote:

"P. Gail Chesler" wrote in message
. ..
The last painter didn't use a drop cloth, so there are lots of little
specks of paint on the nice hardwood floor. Until last week, we had
it mostly covered with a rug. The finish of the floor is okay - I
just want to clean the little specks.

Ideas? Thanks in advance. Gail

Vinegar disolves latex paint.

Will it dissolve latex paint on cap (fabric) too?
How about a BIG spatters on cement floor (I goof and spill all over my
front
driveway)?

Thanks

Jeff Wisnia

Norminn wrote:

snipped

A plastic
scraper or even a teflon spatula might do the trick.

A credit card works well for that kind of scraping. I keep a few of
those sample cards which come in the mail every week with offers from banks.

They make good non scratching "pot scrapers" too. I keep one sitting
next to the kitchen sink for that purpose.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia