Robert11

Default Structural Adhesive Recommendation ?

Hello:

Is there a consensous on a "structural adhesive" brand and type that one can
use, instead of nails, to
fasten some 2x4's to a concrete wall to hold up some garden type of
implements.

Think this would hold fairly well?

Would like to get out of using concrete nails, if practical ?

Guess I would be one that comes in a caulk-gun style tube, and sets up hard.

Thanks,
B.

Joseph Meehan

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Is there a consensous on a "structural adhesive" brand and type that
one can use, instead of nails, to
fasten some 2x4's to a concrete wall to hold up some garden type of
implements.

Think this would hold fairly well?

Would like to get out of using concrete nails, if practical ?

Guess I would be one that comes in a caulk-gun style tube, and sets
up hard.
Thanks,
B.

Try one of the "Liquid Nails" products. May not be the best, but it is
easy to find. Check the intended usage on the label, they make a number of
different products.

The ability to hold up under the conditions you are describing will
depend on may factors. Frankly I might use both or just mechanical
fasteners. I would not trust the adhesive.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

TURTLE

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Is there a consensous on a "structural adhesive" brand and type that one can
use, instead of nails, to
fasten some 2x4's to a concrete wall to hold up some garden type of
implements.

Think this would hold fairly well?

Would like to get out of using concrete nails, if practical ?

Guess I would be one that comes in a caulk-gun style tube, and sets up hard.

Thanks,
B.

This is Turtle.

if you was going to just hold it in place and the weight would not be on the
Adhesive. You might get away with it. Now if your going to ask a adhesive to
hold the weight of say a tool box and woodworking supplies. Well I just don't
know.

Now there is the old way of Concrete Wall Anchor Bolts and they will hold till
the cows come home.

TURTLE

m Ransley

Glue ? If you want it to hold for sure use Tapcons . Nothing worse
then a shelf falling down breaking your equipment. Glue can fail

TURTLE wrote:

Now there is the old way of Concrete Wall Anchor Bolts and they will hold
till the cows come home.

Haven't tried it yet, but I just bought a Ramset "Value Kit" from Home Despot
for $19.95--a gun that works with a hammer and 40 nails and 40 .22 cartridges.
I was going to use Tapcon blue screws, but these are cheaper (about 20 vs 50
cents each) and a lot faster and don't require a special bit and hammer drill.

Then again, they are harder to remove and seem more dangerous than screws.

Nick

George

wrote in message
TURTLE wrote:

Now there is the old way of Concrete Wall Anchor Bolts and they will hold
till the cows come home.

Haven't tried it yet, but I just bought a Ramset "Value Kit" from Home

Despot
for $19.95--a gun that works with a hammer and 40 nails and 40 .22

cartridges.
I was going to use Tapcon blue screws, but these are cheaper (about 20 vs

50
cents each) and a lot faster and don't require a special bit and hammer

drill.

Then again, they are harder to remove and seem more dangerous than screws.

Nick

There are uses for the powder actuated fasteners but the performance of the
Tapcon fasteners is much better.

Robert11

Hi,

Please post how it worked out.