DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hunter Programmable Thermostat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/91630-hunter-programmable-thermostat.html)

Iowa883 February 17th 05 09:07 PM

Hunter Programmable Thermostat

I purchased a Hunter brand thermostat awhile back and I have decided not to
use it. I would like to return it but can't seem to find where I have bought
it. Doues anyone know a big retail chain store that deals in this brand ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

Matt February 17th 05 09:11 PM

Hmmm.... exactly how long did you say you have been brain damaged?

Eric February 18th 05 05:47 AM

Iowa883 wrote:

I purchased a Hunter brand thermostat awhile back and I have decided not
to use it. I would like to return it but can't seem to find where I have
bought it. Doues anyone know a big retail chain store that deals in this
brand ? Thanks,
Iowa883

Home depot carries them, i'm pretty sure thats where i got mine. Lowes might
also. I have to say tho, Hunter makes some great irrigation products but
they sure fell down on these programmable thermostats. The programming is a
bitch, the whole interface is very user unfriendly and awkward. Making a
change once you get it set up is no fun at all. also, you MUST set up 4
times for each day, all i want is a morning setting and an evening setting
but in order to get that i have to program temp to go to 70 at 6 am, to goto
70 at 7 am, to goto 65 at 9pm to goto 65 at 11pm. And i have to do that for
each and every day. Make a mistake? start over... buttons dont respond
well, they need to be held down for a second or so or driven hard against
the stops, but not too long or it skips over your desired goal if its near.
Very unfriendly. I should have returned mine too but after i got it setup i
was too annoyed to drive the 7 miles back to Home Depot.
Hunter should have whoever designed their irrigation controllers do their
thermostats. The irrigation controllers are very intuitive, nice easy to
use interface, a snap to change settings - very very nice.
Eric