DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electric Oven Troubleshooting (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/91292-electric-oven-troubleshooting.html)

[email protected] February 15th 05 04:51 PM

Electric Oven Troubleshooting

I have an electric oven that does not want to heat up to the temp.
selected (I only gets warm). The Broiler appears to work fine. Would
this be a thermostat issue or an element issue?

Thanks,

Dave

Ed February 15th 05 06:43 PM

wrote

I have an electric oven that does not want to heat up to the temp.
selected (I only gets warm). The Broiler appears to work fine. Would
this be a thermostat issue or an element issue?

It could be either or it could be neither. You can test the element with an
ohm meter and go from their.

Appliance Repair Aid February 15th 05 07:44 PM

wrote:
I have an electric oven that does not want to heat up to the temp.
selected (I only gets warm). The Broiler appears to work fine. Would
this be a thermostat issue or an element issue?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi,

Model#, make, approx age??
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

The Broiler appears to work fine.

It gets red when set to broil?

electric oven that does not want to heat up to the temp.
selected (I only gets warm).

Does the bake element get red?

Would this be a thermostat issue or an element issue?

Could be either, both or neither. Some more info is needed.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/