Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
orangetrader

Default Routing laundry drain to kitchen drain possible?

My laundry drain has a problem, after reviewing the line with video cam they
discovered the drain line broke before the line ties into the main line.
This caused sand to be pulled into the line when I do laundry and eventually
clogs the line every once so often.

Solution offered by plumber is to repair the pipe. This pipe sits below the
monolithic 8" concrete slab at about 6 feet from the edge of the house.
They can tunnel under from the side and that will be like $4000, but
according to my plans the slab is sitting on a footing that is another 2
feet deep, so they have to dig very very low, and here in Miami, I am 2
miles from the beach the soil is very sandy. I don't know how much they
will have to dig and whether this will cause the house to be unstable after
this massive digging.

Another option is to break from top, but this line is right at the wall
between the garage and kitchen, and kitchen cabinets are in the way.
Breaking the concrete from top will mean removing kitchen cabinets, and the
floor is tiled there with no replacement tiles. Probably will be a lot of
dust as well. This will be $1800.

I don't like either solution. Now the laundry drain is in the garage, along
the wall between my kitchen and garage. What I am thinking is, the kitchen
sink has a drain, and it is along the exterior wall that is 6 feet from the
laundry line. Can I not work a line inside that common interior wall - have
to probably cut holes through a few studs, and once it reaches the exterior
wall, I can bent the pipe and then lead it to the kitchen drain. There is a
garbage disposal there, if I can figure out a way to tie them together, can
I not drain through the kitchen sink drain instead?

Is there any major problem with doing this and leave the other line just
abandoned?

Should I have to fix it the other ways, I guess none of these can be claimed
from Homeowner insurance?

Thanks,