workinprogress

Default 4 and 3/8 inch bathroom tile

I'm trying to replace a few broken shower wall tiles which measure out to 4
3/8" square. The tiles I found at Home Depot are 4 1/4".

Is it possible that this size is not made anymore? The house is 21 years
old. I guess I thought HD would have the best selection. My Google search
has not turned up an online store that might have these yet. I thought
someone might point me the right direction and save me some time. Thanks.

Robert Allison

workinprogress wrote:

I'm trying to replace a few broken shower wall tiles which measure out to 4
3/8" square. The tiles I found at Home Depot are 4 1/4".

Is it possible that this size is not made anymore? The house is 21 years
old. I guess I thought HD would have the best selection. My Google search
has not turned up an online store that might have these yet. I thought
someone might point me the right direction and save me some time. Thanks.

I run into this all the time. It is almost impossible to find the
larger tiles especially in the correct color, even when you go to a
tile supplier. The only place that I have found them is in white,
and that was leftover stock at a tile supplier. (Forget HD for
anything except the most profitable items.)

When we HAVE to replace just a few tiles, we just use the smaller
tile and the owner (who is the one who doesn't want to replace the
whole shower surround) lives with the slightly wider grout lines.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
workinprogress

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
workinprogress wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the info, not what I wanted to hear though.

Not that it's constructive to think about this but I still can't help but
wonder why in the world there would be an industry wide change in these
plain vanilla bathroom tiles to go from 4 3/8" to 4 1/4".

6" - 8" or 12" tiles I can understand, it's an asthetic difference in size
but to go down 1/8" seems pointless. Unless it's a conspiracy to force
people buying hundreds more tiles then they otherwise would have.

D. Gerasimatos

In article ,
workinprogress |@|.| wrote:

I'm trying to replace a few broken shower wall tiles which measure out to 4
3/8" square. The tiles I found at Home Depot are 4 1/4".

Is it possible that this size is not made anymore? The house is 21 years
old. I guess I thought HD would have the best selection. My Google search
has not turned up an online store that might have these yet. I thought
someone might point me the right direction and save me some time. Thanks.

You can have tiles custom made in any size you want. It will cost more
money and take more time, but you can get them. The big problem is
matching the existing color.

Dimitri

DJ

workinprogress wrote:

I'm trying to replace a few broken shower wall tiles which measure out

to 4
3/8" square. The tiles I found at Home Depot are 4 1/4".

snip

Not that it's constructive to think about this but I still can't help but
wonder why in the world there would be an industry wide change in these
plain vanilla bathroom tiles to go from 4 3/8" to 4 1/4".

6" - 8" or 12" tiles I can understand, it's an asthetic difference in size
but to go down 1/8" seems pointless. Unless it's a conspiracy to force
people buying hundreds more tiles then they otherwise would have.

If it's just a few, buy some 6" tiles and cut them down to size...

DJ

workinprogress

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote in message
In article ,
workinprogress |@|.| wrote:

I'm trying to replace a few broken shower wall tiles which measure out to

4
3/8" square. The tiles I found at Home Depot are 4 1/4".

Is it possible that this size is not made anymore? The house is 21 years
old. I guess I thought HD would have the best selection. My Google

search
has not turned up an online store that might have these yet. I thought
someone might point me the right direction and save me some time.

Thanks.

You can have tiles custom made in any size you want. It will cost more
money and take more time, but you can get them. The big problem is
matching the existing color.

Dimitri

In case this will help anyone else - I found the 4 and 3/8 inch tiles. They
are made by "Florida Tile". I went to a specialty tile store locally, they
didn't carry them but knew what they were. They sent me to another tile
store which deals only with contractors but does sell Florida Tile. I got
the color code/name from them and they gave me the name of a contractor to
order it through.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to workinprogress, Chris wrote:
omg could you send me that info? We have been going crazy looking for the 4
3/8s in white. Would appreciate it-tks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2017 7:44 PM, Chris wrote:
replying to workinprogress, Chris wrote:
omg could you send me that info? We have been going crazy looking for
the 4
3/8s in white. Would appreciate it-tks

Since the original post was made 12 years ago, some bad things have
happened. The OP was working on the tiles when he slipped and fell
hitting his head in the tub. He has been in a coma ever since. He is
responsive a bit though when his pet gerbils are brought to visit him in
the rehab.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Jun 2017 20:18:22 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 6/10/2017 7:44 PM, Chris wrote:
replying to workinprogress, Chris wrote:
omg could you send me that info? We have been going crazy looking for
the 4
3/8s in white. Would appreciate it-tks

Since the original post was made 12 years ago, some bad things have
happened. The OP was working on the tiles when he slipped and fell
hitting his head in the tub. He has been in a coma ever since. He is
responsive a bit though when his pet gerbils are brought to visit him in
the rehab.

Can't we get the name of the manufacturer off the box?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:18:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/10/2017 7:44 PM, Chris wrote:
replying to workinprogress, Chris wrote:
omg could you send me that info? We have been going crazy looking for
the 4
3/8s in white. Would appreciate it-tks

Since the original post was made 12 years ago, some bad things have
happened. The OP was working on the tiles when he slipped and fell
hitting his head in the tub. He has been in a coma ever since. He is
responsive a bit though when his pet gerbils are brought to visit him in
the rehab.

Everyone is stealing my shtick. You use a shtick to beat back the rabid gerbils. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Rabid Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 7:15:15 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:18:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/10/2017 7:44 PM, Chris wrote:
replying to workinprogress, Chris wrote:
omg could you send me that info? We have been going crazy looking for
the 4
3/8s in white. Would appreciate it-tks

Since the original post was made 12 years ago, some bad things have
happened. The OP was working on the tiles when he slipped and fell
hitting his head in the tub. He has been in a coma ever since. He is
responsive a bit though when his pet gerbils are brought to visit him in
the rehab.

Everyone is stealing my shtick. You use a shtick to beat back the rabid gerbils. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Rabid Monster

Shtick it up your....oh, never mind.

Cousin Not-Being-Nice Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 11:05:37 AM UTC, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 7:15:15 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 7:18:25 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/10/2017 7:44 PM, Chris wrote:
replying to workinprogress, Chris wrote:
omg could you send me that info? We have been going crazy looking for
the 4
3/8s in white. Would appreciate it-tks

Since the original post was made 12 years ago, some bad things have
happened. The OP was working on the tiles when he slipped and fell
hitting his head in the tub. He has been in a coma ever since. He is
responsive a bit though when his pet gerbils are brought to visit him in
the rehab.

Everyone is stealing my shtick. You use a shtick to beat back the rabid gerbils. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Rabid Monster

Shtick it up your....oh, never mind.

Cousin Not-Being-Nice Monster

Shtick around, you might see some amazing tricks performed by my trained gerbils! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Shticky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lex Lex is offline

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Lex wrote:
Sorry to hear about that injury, I hope the guy pulls thru. I have found a box
of 4-3/8" tiles in my building if you still need some. Got White gloss, Beige
gloss, Beige matte. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Lex, Lynne wrote:
I am looking for beige gloss 4-3/8" tiles. Do you still have them? Please let
me know. Thank you.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Lex, Greg wrote:
HI Lex, Do you still have the 4 3/8 tiles? I can use White and beige. Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Lex, Greg wrote:
Hi Lex, Do you have 4 3/8 white or beige matt? Thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Lex, chris wrote:
I am looking for white gloss, 4-3/8"-21 Square feet and end caps (12 lineal
feet)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

chris posted for all of us...

replying to Lex, chris wrote:
I am looking for white gloss, 4-3/8"-21 Square feet and end caps (12 lineal
feet)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Good luck with that.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Lex, Karen Maywa wrote:
Hi Lex, I am searching around for Florida tile beige #2 gloss 4-3/8. Do you
have anymore? My name is Karen and my contact number is 954-305-2018.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Lex, Wanda wrote:
I would love to have the beige matte. I just need 15 tiles

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wanda posted for all of us...

replying to Lex, Wanda wrote:
I would love to have the beige matte. I just need 15 tiles

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Yeah well, I just need $15 million.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Tekkie®, JT wrote:
Hope I'm not stating the obvious her but have all you searchers tried
matchmytile.com or kingofthrones.com?
Huge selection of vintage Florida tile, and others. Didn't find the white with
green speckles tile I need but maybe you'll have better luck.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

What is the contractor name and contact information? Thanks!

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chaneypaper wrote

What is the contractor name and contact information? Thanks!

Unlikely to see your question after 16 years.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...tile-2232-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 06:51:38 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Chaneypaper wrote

What is the contractor name and contact information? Thanks!

Unlikely to see your question after 16 years.

But very likely that YOU trolling senile asshole will comment on EVERY
SINGLE such post anyway!

--
Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."