DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   trying to find exact size medicine cabinet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/91167-trying-find-exact-size-medicine-cabinet.html)

Mikepier February 14th 05 06:02 PM

trying to find exact size medicine cabinet

My recessed medicine cabinet needs to be replaced and the rough opening
is 36"H X 28"W. I have not found this size in any home center, and the
surrounding trim around the old cabinet is mirror, so basically I have
to get something smaller and frame around it with new mirror trim. Is
there a place that can custom make a cabinet? I don't want wood, I just
want a metal frame, 2 mirror swing doors, no molding.

Gideon February 14th 05 11:59 PM

If you definitely need to buy a new unit, then I'm guessing that you will have
to do some "Goggle" searching with search terms such as:
custom recessed "bathroom medicine cabinet"

Even so, finding a custom builder for your requirements may be very difficult
and expensive.

On the other hand, you might let this group know why you want to replace
the unit and you may get some good suggestions for repairing it. I'm guessing
that you could pay $250-$500 for a custom replacement. That can cover a
fair number of repairs and upgrades to your existing cabinet.

Mikepier February 15th 05 12:38 AM

Basically the old cabinet is beyond repair. It was made out of partcle
board and formica that is all falling apart. This was a custom made
cabinet that apparantly had not much workmanship put in it. I think
I'll go with buying a new one at the home center and just buy 2 new
mirror side pieces to fill it in. That has to be cheaper than a custom
made one.