Default Repair of Kenmore gas dryer

Try this site here for a slide show of how to take the dryer apart,
it's very simple. http://www.applianceaid.com/whirlpool-dryers.html

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:02:02 -0600, "???" wrote:

I have a kenmore model 110.76912692 76912 dryer. I am about 99% sure the
problem is the moter. It makes a terrible growling sound and only runs for a
half cycle then quits. After is quits running the machines needs to sit for
al least 30 minutes. Now the drum will not spin at all, it just growls for 5
seconds and quits. The drum istelf is very hard to turn, so it may actually
be a pully. The only way to tell is to take it apart. Here is the big
question.

In order to get to the motor and pully do I need to remove the drum? If so,
then to get at the drum I assume I need to remove the entire face of the
dryer. For this model I remove the lower face plate then remove the two
screws under the face. Then I remove the the screws on the back then slide
the entire upper portion of the dryer back and the top will lift. Then I
remove the two screws on the top corners. Is this all correct?

I have never taken anything like this appart, it does not seem too
difficult. I just want to make sure I am doing things properly. Is there
anyplace I can download a service manual for the dryer?

Thanks

P.S

Where is good place to buy parts at a good price?