giterdun

Default How hard is it to install a new dishwasher?

I have bought a new dishwasher to replace the one in my house we just
bought, Wife thinks I should get a pro to do it, but I can't see it
being that hard.

Any thoughts on installing one.

Thanks
Matt

Very Easy. You can do it.

Usually only 1 or 2 screws holding it in to the underside of the
counter. Other than that, it's just leveling it, connecting the water
and power.

Follow the instructions, take your time..... very easy.

Jim M

"giterdun" wrote in message
I have bought a new dishwasher to replace the one in my house we just
bought, Wife thinks I should get a pro to do it, but I can't see it
being that hard.

Any thoughts on installing one.

Hello giterdun,

Read this web page, It should answer a LOT of your questions:
http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/k...stall/new1.htm

Hope that was of some help....Jim

Edwin Pawlowski

"giterdun" wrote in message
I have bought a new dishwasher to replace the one in my house we just
bought, Wife thinks I should get a pro to do it, but I can't see it
being that hard.

Any thoughts on installing one.

Thanks

You can do it. If it is the same brand and the water connection is in the
same place, that makes it even easier. I've done a few of them over the
years. Last summer I paid the dealer $85 to deliver, install, and take the
old one away. At my age I'm willing to pay rather than crawl around the
floor and into the sink cabinet. Eighteen years ago I was more agile and
saving the money was more important.

SteveB

"xrongor" wrote in message
try taking the other one out. if you can pull that off, you can install
one.

randy

I was intimidated by the dishwasher. Then the one in our rental took a
header. We were ready for a better one in our house. So, I took the one in
the rental out. It was toast, and nothing to mess up.

Then I took the one in our house out. Having taken two out, I knew pretty
much what to do. I installed our used one in the rental. Then we got the
new one for our house. Installation was easy. You just have to get the
fittings on there right. (there is only one) You might have to take the
wires from the old one and transpose them to the new one. (new ones come
without wires, if you can figger that out) You might have to use the old
water fittings from the old washer. Getting it centered and level in the
cabinet takes a few minutes, but ain't rocket surgery.

I think I could make a good living out of installing dishwashers at $85 per.
It would take longer to get from job to job than to install. I guess the
upside is that you would have to deal with housewives that are home alone

Steve

Did my first one recently, very easy! Tool me about 1/2 hour. Save
yourself a few $$ and DIY.

Felix

willshak

On 2/8/2005 11:00 AM US(ET), giterdun took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

I have bought a new dishwasher to replace the one in my house we just
bought, Wife thinks I should get a pro to do it, but I can't see it
being that hard.

Any thoughts on installing one.

Thanks

I have replaced my dishwasher myself, but I know my limitations. I don't
know yours. There are three things to disconnect and then hook back up:
The fill hose, the drain hose, and the electric power. In my case the
electric was just a matter of plugging it into the wall outlet behind
the DW. Then there are the two screws to secure it to the underside of
the countertop.

--
Bill
Appliance Repair Aid

giterdun wrote:
I have bought a new dishwasher to replace the one in my house we just
bought, Wife thinks I should get a pro to do it, but I can't see it
being that hard.

Any thoughts on installing one.

Thanks

Hi,

A good place to read for R&Ring a d/w.....
http://tinyurl.com/6r2td

Hope it helps

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

giterdun

Hey thanks for all the Help...

I'm gonna give it a shot.

Appliance Repair Aid

I'm gonna give it a shot.

If you get a chance, let us know how you made out with it.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/