DJ

Default Shaw brand laminate flooring

Anybody have experience (good or bad) with Shaw brand laminate?

I am contemplating the Mystique Plus (with foam backing attached) in
Cherry Strip, about 200 sq ft, local price about 3$/foot

David
djonesatLSidaho.com
Jim M

"DJ" wrote in message
Anybody have experience (good or bad) with Shaw brand laminate?

I am contemplating the Mystique Plus (with foam backing attached) in
Cherry Strip, about 200 sq ft, local price about 3$/foot

David
djonesatLSidaho.com

Yes David,

I just did two bedrooms (1st bedroom was 110 SQ ft and second bedroom
was around 125 or so SQ feet) with this stuff made by Shaw. It went together
quite well.I completed the job last week so can't comment on it's durability
yet. The construction part was actually a fun installation. The floor looks
great.
Buy the installation kit they sell with it as there are a few tools
that will come in very handy.... Hope that was of some help...Jim

DJ

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:48:37 -0600, "Jim M" jim wrote:

"DJ" wrote in message
.. .
Anybody have experience (good or bad) with Shaw brand laminate?

I am contemplating the Mystique Plus (with foam backing attached) in
Cherry Strip, about 200 sq ft, local price about 3$/foot

David
djonesatLSidaho.com

Yes David,

I just did two bedrooms (1st bedroom was 110 SQ ft and second bedroom
was around 125 or so SQ feet) with this stuff made by Shaw. It went together
quite well.I completed the job last week so can't comment on it's durability
yet. The construction part was actually a fun installation. The floor looks
great.
Buy the installation kit they sell with it as there are a few tools
that will come in very handy.... Hope that was of some help...Jim

Thanks Jim. What all is included in the "kit"?

David
Jim M

"DJ" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:48:37 -0600, "Jim M" jim wrote:

"DJ" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Hi again David,

The kit is about 25 bucks (Canadian funds....which probably
translates to about 15 cents American...ha ha) The kit has spacers to make
sure you maintain the 1/4 inch gap away from the wall. When tapping the
pieces together the whole lamanent floor will actually slide over and cause
the 1/4 gap to dissapear, hense the spacers. It has a steel thing for
tapping the laminent together when your tight against a wall and can't swing
a hammer which is VERY handy. Has a plastic block to put against the laminet
to hit with a hammer to save chipping as you tap it together which I think
saved a lot of swearing and chipped panels.....and yes....directions for use
and installation (which is really the same thing that is explained on the
back of the laminent cardboard box container). It also has a glue squeegie
plastic thing to help apply any repair filler (which comes in a tube and not
with the kit) to any chipped pieces.
I think that is about it....good luck....Jim

DJ

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:40:07 -0600, "Jim M" jim wrote:

snip
[...]

Thanks for taking the time to answer Jim, for $0.15 I guess I can
afford the kit. G

David

Jim M

"DJ" wrote in message
[...]

on another note David....DON"T use that steel thing when your in the
middle of the floor or out in the open...I found out the hard way and
wrecked an entire lamanent board which I threw out ............use it where
you are going to be covering the floor with the baseboard as the steel thing
chips the lamanent...
For all your joints,use the plastic block in the kit for tapping
the lamanent where you are going to "See" the floor....Jim