DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plumbing question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/89775-plumbing-question.html)

No February 5th 05 12:20 AM

Plumbing question

I have a shut of valve that has built up a bunch of blueand white gunk
around the neck of the shut off handle. Is this something that can be
cleaned off or is this a sign that it should be changed very soon?

Steve Rush February 7th 05 02:06 AM

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 18:20:06 -0600, No wrote:

I have a shut of valve that has built up a bunch of blueand white gunk
around the neck of the shut off handle. Is this something that can be
cleaned off or is this a sign that it should be changed very soon?

That sounds like mineral deposits from a very slow leak around the valve
stem. The water is evaporating about as fast as it oozes out, so you don't
see the leak.