CathyLee

Default Freeze proof barn tap

I heard of this drain back tap?, what is it called? how would I install
it? Where can I buy one? I have asked my plumber, but he has never
heard of it. Has anyone see any info on the net ?

"Make sure that the waterlines coming into the barn won't freeze up.
Sometimes, all it takes is insulating the above-ground pipe leading to
the faucet or tap. If not, you might have to install a hydrant-type
system, which send the water back below the frost line when not in use.
"

CathyLee

Matt

Do a google search for yard hydrants. I think one company that makes
them is woodford.

john

http://www.plumbingwarehouse.com/woo...dhydrants.html
I'm guessing this is what your looking for?

the source of water is below the frost line so you have to dig
a pit where you want the water hydrant to be located. the valve
shuts the water off below the frost line then a small hole just above the
valve let the water in the hydrant drain back down. this work well
provided you don't leave a hose with a nozzle on it in the closed position
(there by not allowing the water to drain back down the hydrant when you
turn it off)