DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Capping laundry faucet (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/89475-capping-laundry-faucet.html)

[email protected] February 1st 05 03:55 PM

Capping laundry faucet

The hot and cold water taps for my washing machine are controlled by a
single lever shutoff. I want to use the just the cold water and cap
the hot water. I bought a screw on cap that seems to work but I wonder
if there are any problems with this. Is there a better way to cap off
just the hot water.

Thanks.

Charlie Bress February 1st 05 06:12 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
The hot and cold water taps for my washing machine are controlled by a
single lever shutoff. I want to use the just the cold water and cap
the hot water. I bought a screw on cap that seems to work but I wonder
if there are any problems with this. Is there a better way to cap off
just the hot water.

Thanks.

Don't you have a shut off valve on the hot water line? That is all it takes.

Charlie

Colbyt February 1st 05 09:38 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
The hot and cold water taps for my washing machine are controlled by a
single lever shutoff. I want to use the just the cold water and cap
the hot water. I bought a screw on cap that seems to work but I wonder
if there are any problems with this. Is there a better way to cap off
just the hot water.

Thanks.

If you bought a metal cap you should be fine. It may start to drip as the
rubber gasket degrades.

If you bought one of those plastic caps you may be sitting yourself up for a
flood. I have seen them just pop and I would think hot water would speed up
the process.

Colbyt