DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Heating coils under ceramic tile (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/88824-heating-coils-under-ceramic-tile.html)

toolmiser January 29th 05 08:34 PM

Heating coils under ceramic tile

I am going to install ceramic tiles in the entryway to our house (it also must be crossed to go upstairs), and my question is do you think I should install heating coils while I am in the process. I have forced hot air for heat and there is a heat vent near the door, but is it worth it to also install the coils. I see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity, but on the other hand, I don't want to waste money on something that I don't need. They have a unit on sale at Menard's for about $140 plus $120 for a programable thermostat. I don't need the heat, and other than touching it with stocking feet on occasion, I won't probably utilize it. I am under the impression that electric heat isn't very efficient. Please post your comments, and let me know if you know of a cheaper unit.