jj3000

Default Foundation for plastic shed

I want to put one of those Keter Apex Shed in my backyard, it's
plastic.
it already has plastic floor with the package..

I would like to know what are my options on preping for a foundation
for the shed, which is going on a side of the backyard with currently
soil/dirt/weed.

I do not want to have someone come out and pour a concrete slab. Cost
is too high.

But I could like to lay some bricks, cinder block or concrete blocks.
I'm in California where the weather is mild, but I want to avoid
rotting or rodent problems.

Any advice is appeciated.
Joseph Meehan

jj3000 wrote:
I want to put one of those Keter Apex Shed in my backyard, it's
plastic.
it already has plastic floor with the package..

I would like to know what are my options on preping for a foundation
for the shed, which is going on a side of the backyard with currently
soil/dirt/weed.

I do not want to have someone come out and pour a concrete slab. Cost
is too high.

But I could like to lay some bricks, cinder block or concrete blocks.
I'm in California where the weather is mild, but I want to avoid
rotting or rodent problems.

Any advice is appeciated.

If you have something they think of as food, you will never keep the
rodents out.

The answer to your question really depends on the soil conditions, but
let me suggest the following that works most places.

I suggest digging down about 6 inches, an area about a foot larger all
around than the shed. Then fill that with crushed gravel. Pack it down one
way or another. Make it level with the grade, or just a little over.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

SJF

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
jj3000 wrote:
[...]

Amen on keeping rodent edibles out of the sheds.

Here in the Vegas area desert, I have two metal sheds. For each, I made
timber sills from salvaged 4x4 fence posts to which the shed walls are
fastened. Then I installed an interior floor using the 12x12 inch concrete
paver blocks that the local home supply stores sell around here. The sheds
are in a walled corner so I don't worry about wind moving these pretty light
structures. Not a fancy solution but they've done the job for 20 years.
Don't know if this would fit the design of your shed.

SJF

Dave Morrison

jj3000 wrote:
I want to put one of those Keter Apex Shed in my backyard, it's
plastic.
it already has plastic floor with the package..

I would like to know what are my options on preping for a foundation
for the shed, which is going on a side of the backyard with currently
soil/dirt/weed.

I do not want to have someone come out and pour a concrete slab. Cost
is too high.

But I could like to lay some bricks, cinder block or concrete blocks.
I'm in California where the weather is mild, but I want to avoid
rotting or rodent problems.

Any advice is appeciated.

http://www.freedeckplans.com/plans/plantype.html

Check the section on shed floors
Dave

Storage shed foundation Wally Home Repair 17 October 22nd 04 02:20 AM
Storage Shed Anchoring? Jeff Morris Home Repair 10 July 6th 04 02:26 PM
Shed Electrics Paul UK diy 15 May 22nd 04 01:48 PM
Cement foundation for shed AutoTracer Home Repair 2 April 27th 04 06:25 AM
On the subject of a garden shed Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 27th 03 05:31 PM