DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Warming up (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/88075-warming-up.html)

daler January 25th 05 01:06 AM

Warming up

I'm in the process of adding a basement bathroom adjacent to my laundry
room.

I'd like to insert a "T" into the 5" heat duct running along the floor
joist above my new bathroom, thus providing heat where there was none.

When all is said and done, I'll have a ceiling diffuser shooting heat
down into my new bathroom.

Question: how best to cut the existing heat duct to insert the "T"?

Would a reciprocating saw with metal blade do the trick? And can I
slice it in place, or am I going to have to pull the duct down to work
on it? (almost not worth it if I have to do that, in my opinion)

Never tried this before...any suggestions appreciated.

Travis Jordan January 25th 05 01:16 AM

daler wrote:
I'm in the process of adding a basement bathroom adjacent to my
laundry room.

I'd like to insert a "T" into the 5" heat duct running along the floor
joist above my new bathroom, thus providing heat where there was none.

When all is said and done, I'll have a ceiling diffuser shooting heat
down into my new bathroom.

Assuming your current duct system is well designed, you may be creating
a problem where one currently doesn't exist.

Question: how best to cut the existing heat duct to insert the "T"?

If you insist....use duct snips.